Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

ID my cory

More
11 Oct 2008 20:29 #1 by mrsFishpatrick (Astrid Fitzpatrick)
Can anyone help me ID this cory
is it Julii or Trillinateus
thanks for your reply
Astrid

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
More
11 Oct 2008 23:32 #3 by sagwadloup (serge aphanacieff)
It is a baby C. trilineatus not very well colored. Is the fish alone or in pair, or new tank ? Corydoras juliiis very rarely imported, and all the shops will present the trilineatus as julii. Cory are happy to live in group of 4 to 6.

More
12 Oct 2008 08:08 #4 by mrsFishpatrick (Astrid Fitzpatrick)
I have 5 of these and yes they still are young

More
12 Oct 2008 20:04 - 12 Oct 2008 20:08 #5 by sagwadloup (serge aphanacieff)
Well done; they are fantastic once acclimated and very rewarding! They should be able to breed next winter in Feb / march. They will live a good 7 to 10 years old and they love frozen food, like artemias, regular mosquitoes larvae. It is a very good choice! I have 10 of them and they are fantastics !

There is a book for helping determining the differents corydoras species : Aqualog All Corydoras By U. Glaser.

After reading this book you will not be sure anymore what is your cory specie...

But anyway, this is the kind of nice book to have if you have some kind interest in the Corydoras genus.
:silly: book ! but very interesting !
:)
Last edit: 12 Oct 2008 20:08 by sagwadloup (serge aphanacieff).

More
12 Oct 2008 21:51 #6 by mrsFishpatrick (Astrid Fitzpatrick)
I have 4 pepper cory as well, so that makes 9 in total.
And I want to get 6 of each in total, but my tank is having trouble at them moment, I love these fish though, I have to stop myself from buying them when I see a diffirent species, otherwise I might end up with a 180ltr tank full of diffirent cory's

More
13 Oct 2008 22:40 - 13 Oct 2008 22:43 #7 by sagwadloup (serge aphanacieff)
Well, i have the answer, but it is too late for me ! You are doing very well !:)
Last edit: 13 Oct 2008 22:43 by sagwadloup (serge aphanacieff).

More
14 Oct 2008 01:38 #8 by Daragh_Owens (Daragh Owens)
The Aqualog book \"All Corydoras\" is good but it is not complete or 100% accurate. There is a separate book \"All C Numbers\" to deal with undescribed corydoras. There are also a few mistakes in both, incorrectly matched photos to descriptions and there is very little text or information, it relies on simple symbols.

A better option is \"Identifying Corydoradine Catfish\" by Ian Fuller. Better still for a membership fee you can join www.corydorasworld.com and have access to all the information in this book, plus any newly identified fish since publication and access to \"Breeding Corydoras\" by the same author. The forum there is populated by some of the most experienced Corydoras breeders around and they are all very helpful.

You can never have too many corys - although I am doing my best to prove that statement wrong with over 50 different species and not enough tanks to raise the young :(

Daragh

More
14 Oct 2008 13:17 #9 by mrsFishpatrick (Astrid Fitzpatrick)
Daragh_Owens wrote:

You can never have too many corys - although I am doing my best to prove that statement wrong with over 50 different species and not enough tanks to raise the young :(

Daragh

I can see were you're coming from, But I only have 1 community tank, so I will have to stop buying cory's,
If only I could convince mr fishpatrick to let me have a few dozen more tanks:woohoo:

More
14 Oct 2008 18:46 #10 by JohnH (John)
Replied by JohnH (John) on topic Re:ID my cory

You can never have too many corys - although I am doing my best to prove that statement wrong with over 50 different species and not enough tanks to raise the young

It might help if you outed those 'desirable' young Angels and got rid of all those Dwarf Cichlids...the person who 'turned your head' in that direction has much to answer for!!!

No, you were right in the first place - stick with the Cories, they are far more rewarding.

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds