Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

oto \"poo-fest\"

More
13 Oct 2008 13:50 #1 by fourmations (NIall SMyth)
hi all

i got a few otos on friday
and the amount of poo is freaking me out

I came down the next day and there was
poo everywhere!

I have sand substrate and the poo is black

I had to go looking for my tetras poo
now my tank looks like a dirty jacks!

I have had one oto for a while and
never really noticed a lot of poo
but these new guys are crapping everywhere

seriously, it took a 40% change to siphon
one days offerings by the otos

messy buggers!

rgds

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 Oct 2008 17:30 #2 by karlo (karlo kennedy)
it could be the food they were feed befor you got them give them a few days and see how they get on

More
13 Oct 2008 17:30 #3 by mickeywallace (Michael Wallace Cath Woods)
Hi 4
cat types can be very good at that alright. could i suggest looking at the food and check the ash content i suggest using something around 10% any higher than that means more waste. ash in moderation aids digestion but at high levels stops food been absorbed into the system thus more waste.

Mickey Wallace & Cath Woods

More
13 Oct 2008 19:29 #4 by fourmations (NIall SMyth)
thanks guys

i will monitor their movements!
(wont be hard!)

I am not planning to feed them unless they need it,
there is algae in the tank and i'm told thats all they will eat anyway

rgds

More
13 Oct 2008 21:14 #5 by umm (karen baker)
hey there. just read your post and im having the same prob with my ancistrus ive just spent half an hour cleaning my substrate and i know that by the morn it will look like i never touched it. its driving me mad i hate to see my corys rummaging around in poo . i dont really want to be spending half an hour a night on the substrate alone but i cant bear looking at it. (sorry for butting in):blush:

More
13 Oct 2008 23:03 #6 by BJHillson (Brett Hillson)
lol i got 4 bristle nose and they poop so much, clean he tank and in the morning OMG, the Discus dont help either as they have big chunky poo!

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds