Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

What to feed Panda Corys

More
12 Aug 2009 14:15 #1 by juanyjuans (juan cullen)
I have 3 Panda Corys. I have yet to see them eat any food. The Tetra Flakes and pellets that fall to the bottom dont appear to be of interest to them. I also tried Algae pellets and cucumber; again no interest.

Anyone else here keep Panda Corys?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 Aug 2009 20:36 #2 by Ian (Anthony Ramirez)
juanyjuans wrote:

I have 3 Panda Corys. I have yet to see them eat any food. The Tetra Flakes and pellets that fall to the bottom dont appear to be of interest to them. I also tried Algae pellets and cucumber; again no interest.

Anyone else here keep Panda Corys?

may just need to settle in there environment, how long have you had them and how old is the tank?

Fishkeeping CV: Co-founded, 1st President of the only surviving Fishkeeping Club (Accredited by Dept. of Fisheries) in the Philippines (mypalhs.com). I have mostly reared tropicals - Arowanas and monster fishes. My oldest arowana is 13years old (died in a tropical storm). Ive since reared a Black,...

More
12 Aug 2009 23:49 #3 by JohnH (John)
Are the Pandas just sitting around in the one place all of the time? – Or are they ‘grubbing around’ on the bottom, if they are I shouldn't worry too much as they are finding sustenance there.
Quite often Corys appear to not be eating at all, but actually are. My Pandas show little interest in Cucumber and purely vegetable foods but will really ‘pig out’ on freshly hatched Brineshrimps and are also very keen on most of the frozen food offered as well – even the occasional frozen Bloodworms, but I’m a bit reluctant to give these to more valued fish as I’m becoming increasingly suspicious of them, having had a few disasters from using them in more recent months. Frozen Daphnia seems OK, as is Frozen Cyclops too.
Sometimes a water change will stimulate them out of an apparent lethargy too.

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

More
13 Aug 2009 08:51 - 13 Aug 2009 08:54 #4 by juanyjuans (juan cullen)
Ive had them in the tank now for about 6 weeks. The tank is about 8 weeks old and is cycled. I have run water tests and all levels are perfect.

I see one them today was being harassed by a shrimp as he is very lethargic. Looks like he might be on his way out :(

They do "grub around" the substrate but will ignore food that might be infront of them
Last edit: 13 Aug 2009 08:54 by juanyjuans (juan cullen).

More
13 Aug 2009 13:52 #5 by juanyjuans (juan cullen)
One just died - literally was ok 20 mins ago and now is being eaten by the shrimp :( think ill bring the Pandas back as they don't look happy with me.

More
13 Aug 2009 17:36 #6 by Fishowner (Gavin fishowner)
Get the dead fish out of the tank immediately,it can spread disease depending on what it died from. Dont think the shop will have much sympathy for your plight,its been 6 weeks since you had them.You mention the tank was only up and running for 2 weeks when you added them? Are you sure it was actually fully cyled,what temperature are you running your tank at. What are the other inhabitants of the tank. Abit more info please and we might be able to solve the problem.
Keep the head up, I purchased 6 panda's last year and only one is still alive (you can buy weak fish also).

Gavin

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds