Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Whip de do.

More
22 Feb 2010 22:58 #31 by platty252 (Darren Dalton)
Murph i hope you got over the whitespot saga.

Just a quick update:
I have been feeding them my gelatin mix of 80% spirulina 10% brine shrimp and 10% cyclops-eze at the water surface. They are feeding off it fine and i am now also feeding them earthworm sticks.
There is also some stones with algae on them and infusoria is added each day.

So far so good. I have 23 fry. Only 1 is left that i didn't force hatch or help from the egg and 1 i force hatched dosent look great. Apart from that all is going well.
Usually at this stage i would be removing 1-2 dead fry a day but not this time.
They are 15mm total length. They have only grown about 1/3 since they hatched 2 weeks ago.

I still have them in the hatchery with an airstone for circulation. They love the flow and will spend a lot of time on the airstone. The airstone also helps keep the food moving around the hatchery.
I haven't moved them to there own little tank yet because i wasn't happy with the pump. I was afraid it would fall over and empty the water on to the floor. I have it fixed now and will move them later in the week.

Here is the tank were the water level will stay the same when changing water.
File Attachment:

It is basically a tank with in a tank. The pump in the outer tank keeps the water level the same in the internal tank.
In the video i am syphoning from the inner tank were the fry will be.
I have modified it a bit so the water level isnt as high.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
23 Feb 2010 08:21 #32 by Viperbot (Jason Hughes)
Hi Darren,

Great to hear all is going well with the fry. Awesome idea there with the wc's. Wondered how you were going to pull it off. Ingenious.

Jay

Life
may not be the party we hoped for, but while we
are here we might as well dance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.033 seconds