Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Where can i get algae wafers

More
25 Apr 2010 12:01 #1 by Turner85 (David Turner)
Any of the sponsors have algae wafers in stock, ive tried 2 shops but no luck.There for my royal plec

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2010 12:20 #2 by Gerry The Chip (Gerard)
Where are you coming from? kinsealy have a great selection on foods.

More
25 Apr 2010 12:28 #3 by Turner85 (David Turner)
Loughlinstown Dublin. Think kinsealy is a bit far

More
25 Apr 2010 12:41 #4 by Gerry The Chip (Gerard)
Not really sure where that is mate, but pet stop in blanch have them every week if your near them.

More
25 Apr 2010 13:03 #5 by DJK (David Kinsella)
I'd be fairly certain Fintastic Aquatics in Dun Laoghaire have them. You will get their details in the Sponsers section.
I personally like the Hikari ones.

Dave

More
26 Apr 2010 11:03 #6 by Gavin (Gavin)
try the jbl ones or new life spectrum..both have lignin (wood) essential for their diet.seahore aquariums have the jbl.

dont make me come over there.

More
26 Apr 2010 11:07 #7 by newrossman (newrossman)
Get some NORI sheets from Tes*os they work for me and cheap.

Reef 55 Gallons

More
26 Apr 2010 11:38 #8 by Acara (Dave Walters)
I spent a small fortune on the New Life Spectrum H2O Stable Wafers. NEVER again,nothing seems to touch them. Go for the Tetra Pleco Wafers. Or JBL Catfish Pellets.

always on the lookout for interesting corys.pm me if you know off any!

More
26 Apr 2010 15:22 - 26 Apr 2010 16:27 #9 by Ma (mm mm)
Hikari are great, have bristlenose rusty and l330 all love em, plecos will eat the bogwood regardless after a nosh on wafers or veggies.

Mark

Location D.11
Last edit: 26 Apr 2010 16:27 by JohnH (John). Reason: deletion

More
26 Apr 2010 17:38 #10 by Turner85 (David Turner)
Thanks for replys lads. I'm gonna get out wednesday to get some.The royal is eating well anyway but just wanna mix the diet up a bit more

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds