Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Zebra Pleco

More
26 Jun 2010 00:33 #1 by r2potat2 (Derek Martin)
Hi Guys

I want to get a zebra pleco a male and a female if possible does anyone know how hard it would be to get these and how much they would cost

thanks
R2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
26 Jun 2010 01:05 #2 by Fishowner (Gavin fishowner)
You mean the L046? If you are lookin gfor a true Zebra then it will set you back quite an amount. They are very hard to get your hands on also,so if you come across one then be sure to know where they came from etc... Alot arent 100% true Zebras and people often get caught out on that front esp now that exporting from Brazil is a non runner. Darragh has some at the moment,do a serach in the forum and you should see his posts of them.

Gavin

More
26 Jun 2010 04:25 #3 by Viperbot (Jason Hughes)
Theres also a few posts here where lads have been keeping an eye on the bidding that has gone on for so called breeding pairs. Take a look at what they went for before you decide you want some...

Jay

Life
may not be the party we hoped for, but while we
are here we might as well dance.

More
26 Jun 2010 07:18 #4 by r2potat2 (Derek Martin)
I knew they wolud be expensive but for a fish as amazing as it is it will be worth every penny especially if a breeding pair was got.

I also heard true zebras are close to been wiped which is only going to increase the price so a breeding pair will cost a lot but would give a lot in return if they produce high quality fry.

Thanks for the replies lads

Cheers
R2

More
26 Jun 2010 09:17 #5 by platty252 (Darren Dalton)
R2 it may look like a good investment to get a pair of zebras. But that dosent guarantee they will breed even if they bred before.
They also need that little bit of extra care. I would recommend a species tank.

On a side note how much would you pay for a young sexed pair?

More
26 Jun 2010 09:58 #6 by r2potat2 (Derek Martin)
I want them really bad so i dont know how much i would pay for them
how much would the usually retail for

More
26 Jun 2010 10:42 #7 by dyco619 (steve carmody)
i think there about 200quid

More
26 Jun 2010 10:52 #8 by r2potat2 (Derek Martin)
i would pay that not a bother thought they would cost more to be honest

• eire1978 (eire1978)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
26 Jun 2010 11:10 #9 by eire1978 (eire1978)
Replied by eire1978 (eire1978) on topic Re:Zebra Pleco
seahorses said they could get them in

More
26 Jun 2010 11:18 #10 by r2potat2 (Derek Martin)
cheers eire

i will go down to them sure any excuse to go to the shop its some set up they have and i could spend hours there just talking to the lads pity i wont get down till late next week

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds