Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

cat id

More
01 Dec 2010 08:36 - 01 Dec 2010 11:04 #1 by dar (darren curry)
cat id was created by dar (darren curry)
thats it thats all i have for you, my good oul local (yes the one i swore i'd never buy in) so i asked wat is it's name? "i don't know" how big does it get? "i dont know" can you ask the manager? "he knows F all about fish so you'd be wasting your time" (i think i'l apply for a job in there) now wait just a sec before you say "darren you *******" keelan from seahorse was there and i collared him and although his speciality is marine he assured me it wont get big or eat my shrimp. so i bought it.

that shop spent a fortune in this financial climate doing up the place and the fish section is gank near the worst i have ever seen, i could send my tank down and it would have a better bigger healthier selection of fish (so why did you buy from it? "because i'm a *******, ok is that wat you wanted to hear, did that brighten up your morning for you, i hope you choke on your coffee)

edit: i wrote the start of that last night and fell asleep, 6hours of trying to get a pic of the filthy hiding son of a b.... my missus is going bananas we bought the cam for the baby, fish to baby pic ratio 50:1

this is the only pic i got hope it helps

Check out the angling section, it is fantastic
Last edit: 01 Dec 2010 11:04 by JohnH (John). Reason: Removed offensive word

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2010 08:59 #2 by DJK (David Kinsella)
Replied by DJK (David Kinsella) on topic Re:cat id
Hi Dar,

Looks like a S.American Bumblebee Catfish??

Dave

More
01 Dec 2010 09:19 #3 by dar (darren curry)
Replied by dar (darren curry) on topic Re:cat id
he sure does look it dave, cheers

Check out the angling section, it is fantastic

More
01 Dec 2010 12:17 #4 by des (des)
Replied by des (des) on topic Re:cat id
hi Dar

looks like a microglanis
probably microglanis iheringi
like the little dude that platty had at the fish show
lovely little fish, shouldn't have much trouble with him, might eat some of your shrimps, i don't know...
Attachments:

More
01 Dec 2010 12:32 #5 by serratus (Drew Latimer)
Replied by serratus (Drew Latimer) on topic Re:cat id
Hey Darren yeh id say the lads are right S.A. bumblebee catfish- microglanis iheringi would be my guess too, gets about 2-3" harmless enough but wouldnt trust them with small shrimps/fish.. :(

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds