Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Petco Steps Up!

More
26 Jun 2015 02:23 #1 by gunnered72 (Eddy Gunnered)
Hows it going folks.After a recent visit to Petco on the Long Mile Road i just had to let everybody on the forum know that if you havent already and are looking for somewhere different to go for your Fresh Water Tropical Fish both Livestock and Drygoods you should definitely consider the new and super improved Petco Aquatics Department..You may or may not already know this but the shop is now under the management of one of the best..Drew has transformed the shop and i have to say the quality and diversity of the livestock and the immaculate condition of the livestock tanks really impressed me..All the holding tanks were pristine and it goes without saying so were the fish and plants..If ya dont already know Drew has many many years experience and his knowledge is second to none..Add that to the fact he has plenty of time for all his customers both newbies and oldtimers i would say dont pass up the opportunity to give Petco a visit..You wont be dissapointed!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
27 Jun 2015 07:15 #2 by serratus (Drew Latimer)
Hi Eddy, great to see you again, thanks for the kind words :) its going to take a while to get things running how I want but the guys give me full support and we will get there in the end, thanks again and hope to see you soon :)

More
27 Jun 2015 09:33 #3 by gunnered72 (Eddy Gunnered)
No problem Drew..Petco aquatic department is in more than capable hands..Between you and Stephen I'm sure yas will have the place booming..Best of luck with your new venture!

More
28 Jul 2015 14:48 #4 by Dihanio (Paulie Hanlon)
Having visited PetCo at the weekend, I can only reiterate what Ed had to say.

Quality of fish on show is definitely second to none. At least equal to any shop I've visited in recent times. Drew has the place looking great. Only wish U had more time to waste looking about but I reckon that would have cost me a bomb buying new fish :laugh:

More
23 Dec 2015 12:12 #5 by robert (robert carter)
hi ,I brought my 350 litre from Drew in petstop ,have known him for a long time with dealings in koi .must say hes great got a good deal and great imformation . have been back in a few times and hes always willing to spend time with you and the advice is 100%. thanks Drew

More
23 Dec 2015 14:47 #6 by Damian_Ireland (Damian_Ireland)
any offers on aquariums at the moment ?

More
24 Dec 2015 14:36 #7 by robert (robert carter)
was in petco this morning and was told Drew is no longer working their ,couidnt get any info as to why and where he has gone . he will be sadly missed from this store ,certainly the young man that served me this morning had very limited knowledge of the fish bussiness

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds