Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Ian operating on a Big Big Black Moor

More
02 Mar 2012 09:57 #1 by ipcompto (Ian Compton)
Hello there

I’ve decided to starting using our section on the Itfs for more than just blogging fish list and products. I want to get back to telling you what goes on up at Aquatic Village and show you some of the stuff I do. In fact I have been showing stuff to customers recently and they asked me to do this so yeah why not.

Its not about selling for me or being the best or going head to head with people, Its about showing people that I’m a fish keeper too in fact i do not think there is any other shop where the owner owns so much of the stock that his account calls him an idiot and to get my finger out and start selling it.... well mr accountant Ian says noooooo!

I'm not sure if vids even go up here I think I tried to stick one up last week and it disappeared. I get paranoid on this site u cannot even fart at home in private without getting a pm sent.....ooops must be the beans..... Anyway I do not do this for just publicity I like to share funny stories n all that’s how I built my business. by saying hi and taking an interest in what people do...well i think I will try and post up a video of me operating on an xxl Black moor.

To make matters worse i was on my own that morning. A customer called in with a black moor the size of a grapefruit. He said I’m the geezer that phoned you earlier. And i said well I was the guy that said hello to you on the phone. He gave me a funny look. As you do. So I said whas up and he said my goldfish has got another goldfish growing out of his head. I was looking forward to this. Well it was not an actual goldfish but it sounds better doesn’t it. He pulled out his fish. He looked at me and said can you help him?

Now I was tired cranky and hassled normal day and this goldfish had a golf ball sized growth on the side of his head. I said wow! I did not really need this right now but what do you do? I went through the usual routine. There is very little you can do with something like this and I told him to bring it to a vet. He said yeah right!

He asked me if I could do something so in the meantime another 10 people arrive screaming kids the whole 9 yards. So I said I would sort it. So I sedated the fish by telling a really longwinded story just like this one and it worked it nodded off! Can you imagine that:)So I set about cutting the tumour off with a scalpel etc then the phone starts to ring.......Jesus I could not believe it. In fact every time we look at the video one of the guys goes and answers the phone...honest check out the video and tell me you did not nearly answer your own phone. Well anyways I cut the golf ball off and fed the tumour to my piranha.... all the kids went yeuuuuchh! I thought it was cool...we are very conscientious about recycling up at Aquatic Village..:)

If I cannot get video up here go to front page of aquatic-village.com and check it out.
Anyway it caused a bit of a stir but for me this is what I do (free of charge I may add)but please do not start hazzling me to neuter your newts or put a bigger pair of boobs on your female fighter….J
Anyway thanks for watching if you like the vid please comment show your support if you do not like the vid or me then tough stop visiting my page so we are only interested in people who inspire us and like what we do …thanks folk and ps thank god fore smell check!

Watch vid go to aquatic-village.com.....go on i know u want to!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2012 13:49 #2 by Rummy (Stephen)
Cracking video.....................fair play

More
02 Mar 2012 17:50 #3 by ipcompto (Ian Compton)
Thanks man much appreciated
:)

Time to create page: 0.034 seconds