Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Where are all the sponsors gone?

More
30 Mar 2015 07:43 #1 by ipcompto (Ian Compton)
Hey guys am I the only sponsor that posts on this forum? Where has everyone gone?If anyone needs any help or advice I would be glad to lend you guys a hand.Also for sponsorship.We have some exciting things happening up at Aquatic Village that are non commercial such as our Wild brown Trout display. We have 8 trout feeding beautifully with the kind permission of Inland Fisheries they have doubled their sizes in three weeks......one of my favorite tanks i cannot stop playing with it. So if people would like to see some interesting behaviour this tank is for you. They feed like crazy.

Also our pike has grown considerably. He is almost tame and will come up to the front of the tank when people come near. See him up close and personal, its something we never get to do.

Anyways I have been keeping an eye on this forum keep up the good work folks. Lots of newbies on hear and plenty of good advice.

Cheers
Ian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2015 11:43 #2 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)
I have question one of my koi is very like a Platinum Ogon High Quality Koi he is only 6 to 7 inch and was always in fish tank yes I know it is not right and should be in a pond but how can I be sure if mine is one of these koi fish

Something fishie going on here

More
30 Mar 2015 17:45 #3 by alan 64 (alan)
Where did u get him James I'm sure if u show Ian some pics he can put u straight as he has koi many yeara

More
30 Mar 2015 18:12 - 30 Mar 2015 18:14 #4 by ipcompto (Ian Compton)
Sorry dude,
I do not quite understand what you are asking of me....are you asking me is your ogon as good a quality fish as we have just brought in from Japan?

Do not confuse what you buy in pet shops and garden centers with what we sell.......our platinum ogon start at 75 euro for a four to five inch fish.....if you buy cheap koi they are just cheap koi......Ours are guaranteed from niigata in Japan they are blood red not orange.....they are like the good pics in the books.....Is this what you mean? we are 20 years importing koi.......we wont even sell our Japanese koi to the trade......they are too special......Come up some day and i will show you what i mean......Koi are my first love....

we have sold some of our koi for 5,000 euro a piece.......so we have to be sure to be sure of bloodlines and origins......If you see jap koi advertised and they are 10-20 euro run........they would cost that each just to be flown into Ireland per fish....

Ian
Last edit: 30 Mar 2015 18:14 by ipcompto (Ian Compton). Reason: spellib

More
31 Mar 2015 11:19 #5 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)
I can't post the video here so I have sent it to you facebook page and the koi won't stay still for a photo lol I am asking is my koi a Platinum Ogon Koi I will post the video here in few days once my wifi is back working

Something fishie going on here

Time to create page: 0.040 seconds