Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Aquatic Village II

More
11 Jan 2008 12:58 #1 by Dave (Dave Fallon)
I'm please to announce that aquatic Village 2 is now fully operational.

Over 7200 litres of water and with over 100 tanks of tropical marine and coldwater and almost a dozen vivariums holding a wide range of stock. Our 800 litre invert system is now also holding coral so if your about the area do please drop in, we have everything you could need for your fish, dogs, cats reptiles etc

Qui Vivra Verra.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2008 13:39 #2 by nomad (pat murphy)
Where abouts is the new Aquatic Village situated ???? .....thanks.

More
11 Jan 2008 15:38 #3 by serratus (Drew Latimer)
Aquatic village II is in Oldbawn, opposite the Oldmill pub in Tallaght Tel 01 4045501

More
11 Jan 2008 15:53 #4 by nomad (pat murphy)
Thanks Serratus....

• Didihno (Didihno)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 Jan 2008 16:22 #5 by Didihno (Didihno)
Replied by Didihno (Didihno) on topic Re:Aquatic Village II
Yet another southside banjo playing daddys beemer driving lfs.
Sigh.B)

Seriously lads, good luck with the shop, and maybe next time you'll consider moving into city centre or even northside, the market is ripe for the picking over here.....

• 2poc (2poc)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 Jan 2008 17:41 #6 by 2poc (2poc)
Replied by 2poc (2poc) on topic Re:Aquatic Village II
Didihno wrote:

Yet another southside banjo playing daddys beemer driving lfs.
Sigh.B)

Seriously lads, good luck with the shop, and maybe next time you'll consider moving into city centre or even northside, the market is ripe for the picking over here.....

Didhino - its in Tallaght! If they are driving daddies beamer its someone elses daddies ;) ** JOKING ** My wife is from Tallaght :P

More
11 Jan 2008 19:14 #7 by serratus (Drew Latimer)
Hi guys, we have plans to go northside this year or next!!!!!
City centre is doubtful......

More
18 Jan 2008 10:25 #8 by cathaloc2 (cathaloc2)
is there a map of where exactly it is???

o'connor

More
18 Jan 2008 15:24 #9 by Dave (Dave Fallon)
No map just yet. Basically its a 15 min walk from the square.

Follow the signs for old Bawn and its basically just off the main junction. Opposite the mill.

Qui Vivra Verra.

More
18 Jan 2008 15:51 #10 by Pablo (Pablo -)
Nice mid-size shop... friendly staff (a bit too friendly b****** ha,ha,ha)... shop is in between tallagh and firhouse, in the shopping centre in front of the Old Mill Pub. handy to comute if you're comming from the side of firhouse, ballyboden, rathfarnham, churchtown.... just off the M50 first exit to the left.

Well done to the people of Aquatic Village!...

Congrats Drew, Alan, Dave, etc...

Pablo

More
21 Mar 2008 01:00 #11 by Oregato (William Li)
Great pet store lads, keep it up, the staff are very helpful and i'll be going back to this one.. i've gone to a few others but they're just not as helpful..

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds