Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

NEW ARRIVALS-BRAZIL

More
03 Oct 2008 22:38 #1 by serratus (Drew Latimer)
Hi, another shipment that came in recently from one of our shippers in Brazil that is now ready for sale:

Brazil
Checkerboard cichlid M
\"Cichlasoma\" sp. curura M
Magnum plec L047 3-4\"
Snowball plec LDA033 3-4\"
Starlight bristlenose L183 2-3\"
Bristlenose sp. 4-5\"
Loricaria sp. red lizard-Piria river area L
Marble hatchetfish L
Rummynose tetra L
Splashing tetra M
Corydoras melini XL
Corydoras sodalis (imported as agazzizi!!!) L
Brochis splendens L
Common stingray 3-4\"disc

PM for details!
We are expecting a marine shipment from our supplier in the Philipines next week, ill post up when settled etc!
Cheers
Drew

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2008 22:54 #2 by Acara (Dave Walters)
I was watching a doco the other night on the Amazon,think it was 'Rivers of the Sun',had a nice bit on the splashing tetras,they would make a very interesting project.Not overly impressive lookers,but the method of spawning is amazing,basically they lock together anbd jump onto a leaf above the water,lay and fertilise the egg.They splash water up to the eggs to keep them wet,and the fry drop back into the water.A fantastic event,which one day I hope to achieve in a paludarium type set up.

Dave

always on the lookout for interesting corys.pm me if you know off any!

More
04 Oct 2008 08:19 #3 by serratus (Drew Latimer)
Yeh, fascinating way of breeding!!!! Males splash the eggs until they fall into the water below!!
Theyre not particularly colourful, but are nice fish!!!

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds