Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

JUWEL AQUARIUMS AT SILLY PRICES!!!

More
09 May 2009 09:51 #1 by serratus (Drew Latimer)
Hi folks, we are now doing the whole Juwel aquarium range at VERY good prices, see instore or PM for prices... best in Ireland??...........

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
09 May 2009 09:52 #2 by Ian (Anthony Ramirez)
HI Drew what kinds of Juwel (range) and sizes you got instore?

Fishkeeping CV: Co-founded, 1st President of the only surviving Fishkeeping Club (Accredited by Dept. of Fisheries) in the Philippines (mypalhs.com). I have mostly reared tropicals - Arowanas and monster fishes. My oldest arowana is 13years old (died in a tropical storm). Ive since reared a Black,...

More
09 May 2009 10:08 #3 by serratus (Drew Latimer)
Hi Ian, have lots of Rekord 600, Rekord 800, Lido 120, Rio 125, Rio 240 Rio 300, Vision 180, Trigon 190 think thats it at the mo... but can get most tanks in all colours in a week..

More
19 Sep 2009 11:15 #4 by conor (conor)
what are you looking for the rio 300 preferably beech

More
20 Sep 2009 10:09 #5 by serratus (Drew Latimer)

More
21 Sep 2009 22:20 #6 by PAULHARTE25 (PAUL HARTE)
hi serratus,can you send me down a price for the vision 180 with cabinet in dark wood please

cheers

paul

More
21 Sep 2009 22:32 #7 by reefpaddy (paddy kelly)
sorry , but wud it not make a lot more sence to post the prices if they are so silly? other sponsors have done this in the past so im sure there is no legal restrictions. it would save a lot of peoples time, and if the prices are that good im sure they will fly out.i might have a couple of friends who would be intrested.so if you can reveal the prices i wud be greatful.
regards paddy

More
22 Sep 2009 16:10 #8 by reefpaddy (paddy kelly)
i got some prices sent to me and i have to say they era giving rio 400s away. best price i have ever seen.

More
23 Sep 2009 14:39 #9 by Damian_Ireland (Damian_Ireland)
Drew, can you sent me a price for a vision 450(dark wood)
thx

More
23 Sep 2009 15:07 #10 by Declan g (Declan glynn)
why not just post the prices for all to see??????????????/

More
23 Sep 2009 15:44 #11 by JohnH (John)

"why not just post the prices for all to see??????????????/"

If you look above the thread, the second from last 'box' says "RULES"...and here it tells you (first paragraph):

Rules for Retailers

* Sponsors must only post listing in their own sections without prices included.

Serratus is merely keeping to Forum rules.

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

More
23 Sep 2009 18:20 #12 by bull (keith madden)
hey serratus can you please send me a price list please
thanks

More
23 Sep 2009 19:49 #13 by reefpaddy (paddy kelly)
this is probably my fault for raising the subject, and i was notified about the rule and should have stated it when i posted about the 400, silly rule imo, but im still sorry 4 any inconvinence caused. but i did give the 400 a good plug. so we are even sarratus:laugh: not that it needed one though;)

More
23 Sep 2009 19:54 #14 by reefpaddy (paddy kelly)
who reads rules by the way? my school days are long over:laugh: only joking john

More
24 Sep 2009 10:26 #15 by JohnH (John)
Agree with them or not, those are the Forum owner's rules...I'm afraid.

This Forum, although free to us members still costs the Owner money to keep it up and running. He makes the rules (which are there for all to see, but sadly few actually look at).
In the main they are common sense and deserve to be read and followed by us all.

John
(who also left School a long time ago...almost another lifetime, in fact!!!)

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

More
24 Sep 2009 12:08 #16 by darragh (Darragh Sherwin)
The rules about posting prices are there to ensure that the forum is kept for hobbyists.
None of the sponsors have complained to me about it, they can send prices by PM to anybody interest.

Most forums run this way, and I see no reason to change this rule any time soon

Darragh

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds