Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Visit to Aquatic Village

More
24 Oct 2009 19:43 #1 by Jaffacakehead (John McPartland)
I stayed the night in my brother in law's house in Tallaght last night and decided to check out Aquatic Village & Aquatic Village 2 on the way home this afternoon.
I was VERY VERY IMPRESSED!
Both shops were very well stocked and very well run.
Everything was clean and in good order and the fish looked great.
The staff were eager to help without being in your face.

I grew up with Dave's Trop Shop as my local fish shop and I thought the days of shops such as these were a thing of the past.

Well done guys.

I'll be making the hour car journey to shop there again.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
25 Oct 2009 08:23 #2 by mossy (gavin blanchfield)
you obviously didnt see the massive shovelnose cat in the half blue barrel?

More
25 Oct 2009 18:40 #3 by Jaffacakehead (John McPartland)
I did see him but he was in a small pond inside the shop. It was obviously a bit cramped but much bigger than half a barrel. The turtles were also in far too small a space but everything else was faultless.
I was still very impressed.

More
30 Oct 2009 12:49 #4 by spg (Sean Geraghty)
The shop in Britas is great and the staff and the same. I had trouble with my tank / water quality and got hreat advice. The quality of fish is great. I have taken a few off their hands since the last shopment a few weeks back and they are going great. Also they don't rip you off and they often give a discount based on number of fish bought.

So good job and I don't buy my fish anywhere else now.

• 2poc (2poc)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
30 Oct 2009 15:58 #5 by 2poc (2poc)
Replied by 2poc (2poc) on topic Re:Visit to Aquatic Village
AV is a great shop.
The shovelnose is in a plastic preformed pond - this is an ex-display fish that used to be in the big tank under the counter.

More
30 Oct 2009 19:51 #6 by mossy (gavin blanchfield)
its a great shop,i got some fish there before which were at great prices.
i know the shovel nose was in the display tank before but not to many people
have the tank the size to home the fish let alone pay 250 euro for it,should have found
a home for it before they put pirana in his tank,hope hes not there too long

More
06 Apr 2010 22:07 #7 by ipcompto (Ian Compton)
Thanks for the compliment we try our best.In these disasrous times i thank you for your support i wish more of u felt the same.Sometimes we dont get it spot on but every day we try to improve.We have a fully stocked shop at the moment we had 80 boxes of fish in this week.That has to be a record for a retail shop.Lets see someone beat that.Anyway lots of healthy fish and plenty of killer deals ask and you will receive.
All the best!
Ian

More
06 Apr 2010 22:16 #8 by lestat (Stuie)
AV is by far one of the better shops alright for lizard supplies and fish supplies an the loyalty cards are very good aswell,the staff are great help and Ian runs the shop very well.They are always with plenty of stock and very clean tanks.Its great having a local store so reliable
stuie;)

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds