Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Amazing koi and goldfish shipment.....

More
07 Apr 2010 09:14 #1 by ipcompto (Ian Compton)
Hi there!
I know we've skimped out goldfish shipments for the last while thats because the restrictions on coldwater importation is a ball cruncher.As you know we dont deal with wholesalers so we are caught both ways....Anyway thats a thing of the past till next week..:0....We have overe 30 different kinds of goldfish in at the moment and they are hot hot hot i tell you.as long as you have small hands some are as big as em!Tast thats what they are and they need to be featured more rather than getting pushed to the back of the queue in fish keeping.Anyway its the most we've had.
Koi...time.We have a shipment of koi in too the first of the year...nice clean fish...i washed them myself.They will be cheap trust me.Were doing them at a keen price as a lead up to our first Japanese shipment direct from Niigata .The quicker we shift theses the sooner the japs can invade me pearl harbour(Jesus i.ve just had a brainwave.....thats got be a good advertising angle...pearl harbour Aquatic Village Brittas Co.Dublin.Ireland?)Anyway i cant wait!.We have sturgeon in at the moment they need a little buying tooo!So even if you have no money your missus has left you and your local fish shop has wiped out your tank...come talk to me and ill turn that frown up side down...I'll give you 10% off all koi over 5000 euro.....Now thats what i call a bargain....Ps i have to eat too and i'm blooddy sick of beans on toast!

Disclaimer:All anicdotes and wisecracks and racist remarks against foreign fish should be taken with a pinch of salt...Anyone who finds Ian Compton offensive needs to grow up and concentrate on the real issues that effect life itself....How does vietnama grab you or world peace or little rabbits being used as gloves on a cold winters day....while they are still alive...or someone drinking all the cold milk and leaving the warm stuff on the table.Or suspicious short twisted curly hairs that join several of your chips together...and you didnt cook them your self...the list is endless....we have to laugh more bitch less)
Have a nice day!
Rem if you have any fishy problems drop me or drew a line and we'd be delighted to help you(i was gonna say profit from your mishap but that would be callous and small minded...i think i'm having a break down...thank god no one ever reads theses posts)

Cheers
IAn
:))))

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2010 20:39 #2 by Daragh_Owens (Daragh Owens)
Oh there is always someone watching. They are just a bit shy of replying :laugh:

I have not bought any Koi for about 8 years, so this might be the Summer to do it, I will wait for the bargain Japs.

Great to see the shop stocked to the roof again.

Daragh

More
07 Apr 2010 22:58 #3 by Denis (Denis Goulding)
Great to see the stock today, i was amazed at the level of stock and the variety, keep up the good work.
Yes we all know u are crazy Ian, its taken some years to get used to u but i think most of us have now..lol

Time to create page: 0.042 seconds