Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

platty fry white spot in tank

More
16 Aug 2014 14:53 - 16 Aug 2014 15:13 #1 by alan 64 (alan)
Hey guys transfered Micky mouse patty to a different tank the other day and this morning she had 18 fry but when I took her ove the breeding box I noticed she has white spot she must of got stressed from the move, treated the tank half dose as I figured I had to risk it as the white spot would kill them anyways do u think they will survive
Last edit: 16 Aug 2014 15:13 by alan 64 (alan). Reason: spelling

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2014 23:41 #2 by platty252 (Darren Dalton)
What treatment did you use Alan?

Giving "half dose" of treatments may have no effect.
The recommended dose for most things is usually enough to kill off parasites without killing the fish. A half dose may not even tickle there bones.
A half dose may even help it become immune to any follow on treatments.

But good quality plattys can have some strong young. they may be fine.

More
17 Aug 2014 00:46 #3 by Jim (Jim Lawlor)
I'd agree with Darren - if it's defo white spot, I'd dose as per instructions - they can be fairly robust fry and I'd say they've a good chance. At least if you ensure the female survives you can always get fry again

More
17 Aug 2014 02:10 - 17 Aug 2014 02:16 #4 by alan 64 (alan)
Thanks lads I dosed with king british little more than half dose the fry look great at the min there realy vibrant so I'm thinking I will be good as there the strongest looking fry she has produced but I will take that on board and dose full strength next dose and hopefully that is that
Last edit: 17 Aug 2014 02:16 by alan 64 (alan). Reason: spelling

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds