Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Mollies nipping my gouramis?

More
05 Sep 2014 16:45 #1 by Finn (keelan)
This is very strage i have a pair of male neon dwarf gouramis settled in nicely in their terrortories and there is no agression between them. They had been in the tank 2 weeks and i also have 6 guppies in there too but they mind there own business and no one takes no heed, also i have 2 male mollies in there aswell. Today i purchased another 2 male mollies online and when they got in the tank everything seemed fine and they all settled in nicely to what i could see. However a couple of hours later i noticed the 2 new males mollies Fin nipping the Gouramis? And what makes this even more puzzling is that gouramis are supposed to be agressive to fish attacking them or trying to get their terrority but the mollies are ganging up on the gouramis and its just worrying. They get along fine with all the other fish aswell. Anyone help me? Thanks :blink:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
05 Sep 2014 17:32 #2 by ger310 (Ger .)

This is very strage i have a pair of male neon dwarf gouramis settled in nicely in their terrortories and there is no agression between them. They had been in the tank 2 weeks and i also have 6 guppies in there too but they mind there own business and no one takes no heed, also i have 2 male mollies in there aswell. Today i purchased another 2 male mollies online and when they got in the tank everything seemed fine and they all settled in nicely to what i could see. However a couple of hours later i noticed the 2 new males mollies Fin nipping the Gouramis? And what makes this even more puzzling is that gouramis are supposed to be agressive to fish attacking them or trying to get their terrority but the mollies are ganging up on the gouramis and its just worrying. They get along fine with all the other fish aswell. Anyone help me? Thanks :blink:

It's being a good while since i kept Mollies (or Gourami's and Guppies for that matter!) but from what i can remember it was always hit and miss with them regarding aggression........i know you bought them online but if it was me i would be going to my LFS and i'd ask them could they take them from me as it is just not worth the stress!! Keep an eye on the two male Gourami's aswell as that 'relative' peace might change soon in the future!! i had always found any Gourami's that i kept (which wasn't many!!) to be sly little feckers!! Them and small Puffers (not in the same tank) use to bug me the way they slyly crept up on slow moving fish and nip a piece off there fins.....Feckers!!!

Ger

What do you call a three legged Donkey?

A Wonkey....duh ha :)

More
05 Sep 2014 18:36 #3 by Finn (keelan)
Thanks for the reply ger310 i suppose ill just have to wait and see and if they are not compatible ill just move the culprits to my quarintene Tank and probably trade them in at the LFS.

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds