Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Starting up again

More
18 May 2015 16:42 #1 by Joekinsella (joe Kinsella)
Decided to clean up my equipment this week and set back up. I used a sheet of aeroboard for the under my tank (1.50 in woodies for a 4x2 sheet) and one for the back ground. I bought 3 cans of black spray paint for the back ground.

Bought more sand today still in search of nice pieces of wood. I've about 8 pieces of bog wood but none good enough so ive to buy another piece this week.

I'm going with a few kinds of pleco, 4 angels and a group of cories panda or sterbai.
1 or 2 bristlenose, 1 or 2 galaxy, 1 or 2 gold nuggets maybe a clown pleco research to do need to cycle so not 100% on what im getting.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
18 May 2015 16:47 - 18 May 2015 16:51 #2 by Joekinsella (joe Kinsella)
Also if anyone is transporting their co2 cannister make sure to strap it in. I learned my lesson XD.

Not the nicest thing to happen in the back of a micra.

Attachments:
Last edit: 18 May 2015 16:51 by Joekinsella (joe Kinsella).

More
18 May 2015 20:17 #3 by hammie (Neil Hammerton)
Glad to hear your back on board and going again Joe
I knew you wouldn't last without a running tank for too long (surprised how long it's been tho tbh)

All I can say about the co2 is........ oh sh1t

More
18 May 2015 20:35 - 18 May 2015 20:36 #4 by alan 64 (alan)
Replied by alan 64 (alan) on topic Starting up again
Joe ur spose to use nitrous oxide in a micra not c02
Last edit: 18 May 2015 20:36 by alan 64 (alan).

More
18 May 2015 22:29 - 18 May 2015 22:31 #5 by Joekinsella (joe Kinsella)
@hammie: I was waiting until I got few bits sorted (Car insurance lessons etc). I'm happy im back gonna start with a few angels once im cycled not going with co2 for a while thou thats what dublin potholes do (when its just dumped on the back seat) :D.

@alan 64: I was wondering why I wasnt going faster :D. Had to pull over on the side of the road and ring someone to meet me with a pliers :crazy: I should have strapped it in but now I know id like to think im not the first but I doubt its too commmon XD.

Anyone any experience with altum angels? I wanted them at first but seen seahorse labeled them as very difficult to keep are they just sensitive?

Last edit: 18 May 2015 22:31 by Joekinsella (joe Kinsella).

More
19 May 2015 05:50 #6 by trent (trent)
Replied by trent (trent) on topic Starting up again
i heard altums are mean to be harder than discus but ive never kept altums. adrian has them and trying to breed them and knows alot about them

More
21 May 2015 10:03 #7 by Joekinsella (joe Kinsella)
Thanks Trent I'll give him a message during the week to see if it's worth while. I still need to fill the tank so my cycle is at least four weeks from finishing.

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds