Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

without a filter for 3-5 days

More
21 Apr 2016 23:16 #31 by faolteam (keith mac)
i try again

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
21 Apr 2016 23:35 #32 by nomad (pat murphy)
its an original tetra o ring packaged,

More
21 Apr 2016 23:38 #33 by nomad (pat murphy)
Dogs,once you leave the sheep out of the aquasion LOL

More
22 Apr 2016 00:07 #34 by faolteam (keith mac)

its an original tetra o ring packaged,

Yes Genuine part for it

the more vaseline i put on it seemed to come out quicker :hammer:

More
22 Apr 2016 00:11 #35 by nomad (pat murphy)
you said it LOL

More
22 Apr 2016 00:22 #36 by nomad (pat murphy)
google leaking tetratec 1200 and you might find a solution because plenty replys are posted

More
23 Apr 2016 14:38 #37 by JustinK (Justin Kelly)
Did you take the old ring out first ?
Also clean the area on the motor head and the media body so theres no sand or water deposits in the surfaces where the O ring makes contact.
Double check too that the water is actually coming from that point and not the valve housing part above it.

More
23 Apr 2016 21:14 #38 by nomad (pat murphy)
Faolteam any update with the filter.

More
23 Apr 2016 22:48 #39 by faolteam (keith mac)
hi folks yes i ended up getting a jbl 901 filter

the water adapter was not locking in so there was always a danger the water valve adapter could just come out

i went to seahorse aquariums they were quite helpful never seen as many fish and tanks in a pet shop and livley fish

More
23 Apr 2016 22:52 #40 by nomad (pat murphy)

Known problem on older models. This is on aquatics online website:

"Tetra have identified a problem with this range of filters. The hose adaptor unit ball valve spindles can leak water, which then fills up the compartments within the top of the filter and then overflows down the sides of the canister. This leads the customer to think that the main canister seal is leaking, when in fact it is most unlikely.

Tetra have modified the adaptor unit and are fitting it to all new production stock

However, in the meantime, if you experiance such a leakage problem with your existing Tetra Tec EX filter, then you are advised to contact Tetra direct on 08700 55 4031 who will be happy to deal with your problem, generally at no cost to you"

hope that helps.

Saw this on Practial fishkeeping ...

More
23 Apr 2016 22:57 #41 by nomad (pat murphy)
Nice to hear you got sorted,only came across info relevant earlier when I googled leaking tetratec 1200 and posted it ...

hi folks yes i ended up getting a jbl 901 filter

the water adapter was not locking in so there was always a danger the water valve adapter could just come out

i went to seahorse aquariums they were quite helpful never seen as many fish and tanks in a pet shop and livley fish

More
23 Apr 2016 23:22 #42 by faolteam (keith mac)
yes i have just emailed them see what response i get now :cool:

More
23 Apr 2016 23:30 #43 by nomad (pat murphy)
Be interesting,nice one let us know how you fair out ....

More
25 Apr 2016 06:08 #44 by hammie (Neil Hammerton)
When I contacted them about my own leaking ex1200 they sent me out a brand new ex1250 (the newer model)free of charge
I need to contact them again tho cause my e 600 and other ex1200 have started leaking now too!!!!! Kinda annoying to be fair!!!!

Nothing worse than having a wallet monstrous giving out about her nice clean floor being leaked on by "icky manky fish water"

More
25 Apr 2016 07:00 #45 by robert (robert carter)
that's why I am going sump on the new tank ,canisters just so messey and a pain to prime up

More
25 Apr 2016 08:28 #46 by LemonJelly (Johnny Cowley)
I've more or less given up on expensive canister filters. I always had trouble priming them, they were always a tight fit in the cabinet and although they were simple enough and convenient, they were never quite as good as I wanted. Nowadays I DIY my own filtration. It's not always pretty but it's always effective (and incredibly cheap).

"The only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of your life; your memories, your attachments. They burn them all away. But they're not punishing you.They're freeing your soul."

More
28 Apr 2016 13:50 #47 by nomad (pat murphy)

When I contacted them about my own leaking ex1200 they sent me out a brand new ex1250 (the newer model)free of charge
I need to contact them again tho cause my e 600 and other ex1200 have started leaking now too!!!!! Kinda annoying to be fair!!!!

Nothing worse than having a wallet monstrous giving out about her nice clean floor being leaked on by "icky manky fish water"

Faolteam did you not hear back from Tetra ? especially too with what Hammie posted,a nice new filter updated model .....

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds