Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Fish to add with Angelfish

More
29 May 2018 21:22 #1 by Paul177 (Paul Glennon)
Hey Guys, how’s a goin?
I recently got an 180 litre secondhand tank. My neighbours have offered two of their Angelfish from their 500 Litre tank.

Would love your advice on what cory cats i could get that are ok with 25c? Was thinking either Sterba cory or Adolfois cory.

Also what other fish could i get that would be ok with temp of 25c.

Would Cherry barbs or Platies or Neon or Cardinal tetras be ok? Would like something with colour. Is there any other fish besides ones mentioned that has colour that i cud add?

Would Cherry barbs be suitable with Angels?

Are livebearer easy to keep? Been worried that they may become too many in tank,though heard that Angel will eat their babies.

Heard Neon are not the best to a new tank set up, that they need an established tank.

Would Cardinals be more suitable than Neon?

The Angels in my neighbours tank as used to Neons and rummy nose tetras as have them in their tank with Angels.

Any advice will be much appreciated, thank you.
Really looking forward to hearing from you. Getting really excited in setting up my first tank.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
30 May 2018 09:50 #2 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
Hi paul to be honst with you your kinda spoiled for choice

I have a pair of Peruvian angel fish in with rummy nose tetras penguin tetras and some red pencil tetras some peppered Cory's some plecos and a pair of apistisos.

You could get some marble hatchet fish aswell.

I think rummys and most other species of tetra are hardier then cardinals.

Hope this helps

Regards
Craig

at the end of the day it becomes nite

More
30 May 2018 19:24 #3 by Paul177 (Paul Glennon)
Hello Craig, how are u?

Was thinking about Rummy Nose Tetras. Heard they can be sometimes senitive.

Strongly been thinking that i could chance Platies as they will add some colour to tank. Have been unsure if should chance them or not.

Need to decide what order to add fish. Was thinking maybe Platies 1st, then Cory cats and the two Angels last. But may change my mind.

Will be adding fish bit by bit.

Thank u so much for your advice.

Within the few months i willl add pics of tank when all fish are in and plants are looking good.

Time to create page: 0.038 seconds