Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Anyone keep Piranha or an Amazonian tank ?

• mattlemon (mattlemon)
  • mattlemon (mattlemon)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
25 Sep 2006 02:43 #1 by mattlemon (mattlemon)
Anyone keep Piranha or an Amazonian tank ? was created by mattlemon (mattlemon)
I've just taken delivery of a new Juwel Rio 300 tank and I'll most likely be keeping 4-5 Red Belly Piranha in it. I want to set the tank up well and give them something that resembles their natural surroundings as much as I can in a 300L tank.

Can anyone suggest the kind of plants (live ones) that I should be putting in and how best to care for them? I've got bogwood in there already just looking for the best plantin scheme.

These are the ones from Aquatic Village that I found www.aquatic-village.com/shop/prodtype.as...p;strPageHistory=cat

There is also a good range in Newlands Cross I'd just like to have some idea what I'm looking for before I go to either.

Cheers,

Matt

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• MistressAlphaFemale (MistressAlphaFemale)
  • MistressAlphaFemale (MistressAlphaFemale)'s Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
25 Sep 2006 03:10 #2 by MistressAlphaFemale (MistressAlphaFemale)
Replied by MistressAlphaFemale (MistressAlphaFemale) on topic Re: Anyone keep Piranha or an Amazonian tank ?
Good am matt,

Those fish are illegeal here *Laughing. you can drive 30 mins out of state and bring back 9 million of them if you want to.
They are better in groups and you have to work w/ them. Some people complian all they do is hide. Because you didn't work w/ them. They are like any cichlid you come to the tank all the time have food everyonce and awhile they learn to come out and "Look" more. Heres where I get all my plants.

www.aquariumplants.com/

Good luck to you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.029 seconds