Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Tiger Barbs And Clown Loaches

More
29 Dec 2007 18:37 #1 by Yasser (Sarah Cullen)
I'm setting up an aquarium from the Borneo and Sumatra region of Asia.

My plan is for about 8 large Clown Loaches and a shoal of about 20-25 Tiger Barbs (The natural colour, no green, albino, red etc. . . )

Can anybody advise me on suitable tank mates to go with these type of fish. The tank is 48 x 18 x 24.

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
29 Dec 2007 20:23 #2 by mickeywallace (Michael Wallace Cath Woods)
the tank in my opinion is to small for that many clowns! four maybe

www.loaches.com/species-index/clown-loac...mobotia-macracanthus

Mickey Wallace & Cath Woods

More
29 Dec 2007 20:28 #3 by Daragh_Owens (Daragh Owens)
Depends on what you mean by \"large\" clowns. They do grow huge eventually though. Sounds like it will be a stunning looking tank, if you are looking for some bottom dwellers with a similar colour pattern get some Corydoras weitzmani. They are orange with three black spots, they may be hard to find and quite expensive though.

More
30 Dec 2007 00:53 #4 by Yasser (Sarah Cullen)
mwdragondk wrote:

the tank in my opinion is to small for that many clowns! four maybe

www.loaches.com/species-index/clown-loac...mobotia-macracanthus

That's a great link, thank you.

They are some serious big Clowns in those pics.

Corydoras weitzmani are from S America, yeah? This tank is going to be Borneo, Sumatra region fish only.

More
30 Dec 2007 01:44 #5 by Daragh_Owens (Daragh Owens)
Hi

Sorry my geoghraphy let me down, I need to spend more time at the following site, great for finding out what you don't know :-) Only managed level 6.

www.minijuegosgratis.com/juegos/hwdykywo...world.html?5d5b=0a90

More
07 Jan 2008 19:35 #6 by Yasser (Sarah Cullen)
I've decided to leave the Clowns out :( until I have a tank large enough to give them the space they deserve.

I bought 17 beautiful looking Tiger Barbs at the weekend and they look great in the tank. Can anybody advise me on suitable tankmates that you'd be likely to find in the same river as a Tiger Barb.

I'm considering adding some Chain Loach's as a replacement for the Clowns.

More
07 Jan 2008 20:18 #7 by mickeywallace (Michael Wallace Cath Woods)
check out the January issue pfk page 16

Mickey Wallace & Cath Woods

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds