Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Hiding Gourami

More
13 Apr 2008 14:03 #1 by boldpony (Dave Kelly)
Hey guys
wondering if anyone might know why my gourami keep hiding?
Ive got a large broad leaf plant in the corner of my tank, and one of my two kissing gourami just sits and hides behind it constantly.
He wedges himself between the glass and the leaves and just sits motionless until disturbed or feeding time.
I have thought he was dead a couple of times!
Is there something wrong??
The other gourami is very active around the tank but there doesn't seem to be any bullying going on.
Ive transferred my yellow 3spot gourami to the tank recently and he seemes to like hiding the same way. Apart from thay they are all getting on very well.

Any suggestions as Id hate to leave him to it if theres something wrong!

Dave.

:woohoo:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 Apr 2008 08:44 #2 by Fishowner (Gavin fishowner)
Could he be sick ? Are water parameters alright ?

More
14 Apr 2008 22:46 #3 by gemma (gemma)
Replied by gemma (gemma) on topic Re:Hiding Gourami
My big golden gourami hides behind the bog wood ever since I introduced it to the tank.
I personally wouldn't worry about it, they like to find a nice peaceful spot in the tank. :)

More
15 Apr 2008 00:01 #4 by sheag35 (Seamus Gillespie)
i know this may sound like a funny idea but add more plants decorations etc give the fish plenty of places to hide, the fish will then feel more secure( it can hide easily in case of danger) this generally tends to have them show themselves more some fish can be quite timid when settling into a new tank and take weeks to show themselves as they are stressed from the move so try this it should work..but if the fish is looks ill isnt feeding it may be illness or water perameters so check these as well
Seamus

Fishkeeping the Only way to get wet and wild

currently 25 tanks, and breeding is the aim of everything i keep

Time to create page: 0.044 seconds