Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

what fish go well with these

• bradan (bradan)
  • bradan (bradan)'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
20 Dec 2006 07:03 #1 by bradan (bradan)
what fish go well with these was created by bradan (bradan)
hi i have the following fish

1 scissor tail
2 red blue columbians
2 buenos aires tetras
2 red eyes
2 silver tips
4 neon tetras

ph 7.2

i want to add more, fish, what would you recommend, i like fish with plenty of colour. tank jeuwel vision 180.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2006 08:08 #2 by Peter OB (Peter O'Brien)
Cardinal Tetras
Glowlight Tetras
Bleeding Heart Tetras
Emperor Tetras

Good quality Bleeding Heart Tetras are beautiful.

Smoke me a Kipper, I’ll be back for breakfast.

More
20 Dec 2006 12:08 #3 by Sean (Fr. Jack)
I would add one more scissor tail, and remove 2 neon tetras so you have 2 of every thing, then I would put them in a children's Noah arch boat then fling it in the bin the night before the dustbin men comes around.

Boring small community tetras is like buying a load of roll out lawn turf of a lorry, once laid gives instant results, but looks sham by and armature, your neighbor next door has just level off a half of meter thick top soil of 50% peat and sand and looks awful as its all brown just like the colour of juvenile african chic lids, 2 months latter after seeding with fine grass seed your neighbor has a bowling green velvet fine turf while you still have the wild country meadow instant turf, while at the same time the african chiclids have coloured up and have grown and putting on an amazing stunning show in that tank that nearly was a noah's arc tank.

That would be a ecumenical matter!!!

• apistodiscus (apistodiscus)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
21 Dec 2006 05:35 #4 by apistodiscus (apistodiscus)
Replied by apistodiscus (apistodiscus) on topic Re: what fish go well with these
harsh words Sean...
Not everybody is into cichlids. A couple of nice shoals of tetras can be nice too. But messing around with 2 of each is a waste. Get at least 15-20 of each. That way they make more of an impact and will be less shy too.
I would also add some cories or small loaches to mop up food from the bottom. Maybe a some small cichlids like kribs or apistgramma borellii

More
21 Dec 2006 05:44 #5 by Sean (Fr. Jack)
Yes, they are harsh words I must of being having a bad day, if one is going to go down this route, best to have a min of 5 to shoal properly, staying away from poor mans cardinal tetras (some times call neon tetras) they are bigger and more colorful than neon's, these small fish look best in large shoals in a heavily planted tank with no artificial ornaments, if you are tempted to put in a sunken pot or a diver get some bog wood, or some thing.

That would be a ecumenical matter!!!

• apistodiscus (apistodiscus)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
21 Dec 2006 10:24 #6 by apistodiscus (apistodiscus)
Replied by apistodiscus (apistodiscus) on topic Re: what fish go well with these
Agreed, artificial ornaments do nothing for me either. There is some seriously tasteless stuff out there

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds