Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Just getting some interest before I start fragging SPS.

More
31 Jul 2017 09:59 #1 by iknowkungfu (chris)
Hi all I currently run an sps tank I have been growing a few species over the last year. I have had unbelievable growth and will have to start fragging soon.

The two species that will be fragged first are birds nest coral Green, and pink species and the purple Stylophora . The Birds nest coral will be fragged first mounted on frag plugs.
Im in the galway area, costings have not been decided on yet have to do some more research.
When these corals are fragged I will post pictures here and cost. These are really healthy corals. I have gone from 5 inch birds-nest frag to a coral over a foot wide in 1 year, so these frags are very quick growing.
So keep a watch here and I will post pictures soon.
:lol:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
31 Jul 2017 17:00 #2 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
Very interesting I would like to know how you get on I'm at the research phase of marine tanks probably be next year when I eventually get one.

Keep us informed this sounds like an interesting project

Regards
Craig

at the end of the day it becomes nite

More
01 Aug 2017 18:06 #3 by iknowkungfu (chris)
will do corals are going to be hard to get in the future with the state of the reefs! I have noticed over the last 2 years prices have gone up and frags have gotten smaller ,,,well Id say, its the sign of the times.

More
01 Aug 2017 22:07 #4 by Jonlate (Jon Late)
When you put up the frag sizes and prices, I will give u a call. I have both of them in my tank at the moment.
What else is to be fragged?

More
02 Aug 2017 17:40 #5 by iknowkungfu (chris)
I have about 2 others species have to get id's on what sps, the 3 I will be fragging soon are a pink birds nest, day glow green and one that is light brown with green tips, the other two sps need to get id are I think are from the birds nest family grow so different very long stalks when I have them up will be posting pictures in the sale section. I want the frags to settle in for a few weeks so they are big.
thanks

More
12 Aug 2017 15:37 #6 by iknowkungfu (chris)
posted a advert for sale sections sps

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds