Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

dosing the bio kit reef

More
04 Sep 2008 12:05 - 04 Sep 2008 12:28 #1 by mirko (Mirko Bianco)
Hi guys,
back with another silly question.
I bought the bio kit reef and I would like to start with it.
My concern is about dosign.
some vils are for up to 400l tank or up to 200l tank.
My tank is 125l.
is it ok to throw in the entire vials?
Should I portion it by quantity (i.e. if the vial is for 400l I'll put in 1/4)?
Should I portion it by time (i.e. if the vial is for 400l I'll put in 1 every 4 weeks)?

Should I shut [edit] up and stop with my silly questions and enjoy my tank? :woohoo:

Ciao
Mirko
Last edit: 04 Sep 2008 12:28 by ().

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ()
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
04 Sep 2008 12:27 #2 by ()
Replied by () on topic Re:dosing the bio kit reef
Hi mirko,

There are no silly questions ...

Dosage is generally a quantity for a quantity. I would suggest that you put in a little under 1/3 of the 400l vial, which corresponds to a pro-rata (400/125 = 3.2).

Watch your language though, do enjoy your tank and keep asking questions ! :) :) :)

Regards,
Valerie

More
04 Sep 2008 13:05 #3 by mirko (Mirko Bianco)
sorry! :blush:

I censored myself writing the post.
I'll be more polite in future, I promise.

how should I conserve the open vial then?

Ciao
Mirko

More
04 Sep 2008 15:08 #4 by monty (monty)
Hi Mirko,

I found thread about this on a different forum. Stick it in the fridge but seal it first by sticking it into a piece of potato or similar.

Monty

More
04 Sep 2008 16:23 #5 by mirko (Mirko Bianco)
monty wrote:

Hi Mirko,

I found thread about this on a different forum. Stick it in the fridge but seal it first by sticking it into a piece of potato or similar.

Monty

thank you both!

Ciao
Mirko

More
30 Sep 2008 22:59 #6 by KELLYD (DES KELLY)
Hi Mirko,

Another way out that I use to do when I had a small tank was to put 1 vail of each part in 1 very small air tight clean bottle. And use a syringe to calculate the correct dosage shake well before use. But to be honest I really hate even the sight of syringes. It put me of food ever time I seen the part in my fridge..But it worked for me (-;

More
01 Oct 2008 07:11 #7 by mirko (Mirko Bianco)
good idea
cheers

Ciao
Mirko

More
01 Oct 2008 09:15 #8 by stevieg (ALAN FLYNN)
hi mirko just wondering how you have found this product?

More
01 Oct 2008 09:17 #9 by mirko (Mirko Bianco)
aquatic village in brittas.

Ciao
Mirko

More
01 Oct 2008 12:37 #10 by stevieg (ALAN FLYNN)
Yea i know where to get it alright i ment how do you find it works for you in your system?
seen it around in a few places have used bio digest but taught it was only ok didnt really
improve my nitrate levels as it said it would Thanks Alan.

More
01 Oct 2008 12:58 #11 by mirko (Mirko Bianco)
ah ok! :o)
seems like my english is not as good as i tought.

i find it works fine.
my nitrates are at 0 (i have caluerpa and mangroves on my tank) and since i started with bio kit the tanks has exploded with life.
starfishes, critters, worms etc. etc. I don't know it is a coincidence but all that started at the same time.

Ciao
Mirko

More
01 Oct 2008 14:53 #12 by phildevan2 (jimmy martin)
i also recently bought the biokit reef and am amazed with the lack of information supplied ,even the company's web site has no info. on storage etc..

More
01 Oct 2008 17:46 #13 by stevieg (ALAN FLYNN)
cheers mirko i take it your italian?i lived in siena for 6 months when i left school working on a stud farm loved it great place your english is better then my italian

More
01 Oct 2008 18:53 #14 by mirko (Mirko Bianco)
yes I am.

it's lovely place indeed..it's a pity for the awful dictatorship that rules the nation.

Ciao
Mirko

More
01 Oct 2008 20:10 #15 by stevieg (ALAN FLYNN)
I agree i work with a guy from scilly who has the same opinion
but nowhere is perfect maybe this country is heading the same way

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds