Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Organic Aqua Health Treatment

More
27 Aug 2008 22:44 #1 by mickeywallace (Michael Wallace Cath Woods)
a few months back i got a sample of the above (cheers dayo)

i was told that it seem to benefit livebearers so thus started my little experiment

but a couple of months back i had to use id tanks and filters for Endlers thus i am now able to tell you with almost scientific standard what i found.

the tanks are small with air driven filters and some pond weed for cover

water changes twice a week this would be a hundred 100% as the tanks are so small 11ltrs i fill five bottles of water the night before the water treat as normal and left over night temp checked i have a third tank which is cleaned

and basically i move everything in to the new tank then clean and refill and the same again

twice a week i feed daphina with tropic marin immuvit and add some flake soaked in troic marin lipovit

they get flake twice a day, cucumber once a week plus homemade food twice a week

the tanks are as close as possible similar

but i am happy with what i found i have noticed that guppies seem to rub a lot yet all my reading are fine but a small water change stops it

Endlers do the same but not as often or you might notice.

now i would use approx 1 gram to the tank(11 ltrs) being treated

now over the last two month what happened
the treated tank had less fry loss
and fry were and are more active and slightly ahead growth wise the shimmer rubbing has stopped and any tank were i have used this is the same

now i have conclude myself that while water is testing normally fine that it is spent i would describe this as water that suspended minerals and vitamins are used up thus may have a negative effect on fish this may be seen in illness or muscle spasm or nervous movement

and this is some what confirm in an article by Ted Dangler coletti Ph.D Calcium carbonate and magnesium were mention
now in some cases limestone or tufa could be used this is not always possible with some tank mates thus this health treatment may be the alternative plus what other god properties have been removed during the treatment process that this help to safely replace?

now i am not saying this is for everyone and I am not saying its a miracle but i do think it is worth considering.
if any thing i think i could use it only once a week

just a note on the other tank it did get more water changes because i was not happy with things just those feelings but again this might be pointing to spent water

now looking at prices its not cheap but when you consider the amount it treats it is not that expensive plus when you consider the saving in losses and other treatments and replacing fish well worth considering is it for you i don't know but i do know i will be using it for a long time to come

Mickey Wallace & Cath Woods

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds