Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

new shrimp tank just ordered

More
04 Sep 2011 19:58 #1 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
hi just ordederd one of these online a fluval ebi shrimp set up any one any opinions on these little beuats

at the end of the day it becomes nite
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
04 Sep 2011 20:49 #2 by donohoe (Andrew Donohoe)
These tanks look amazing congratulations. I was looking into getting one but thought they weren't available in Ireland could you tell me where your getting it from.

More
04 Sep 2011 21:20 #3 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
Ill pm ya now mate

More
05 Sep 2011 08:45 #4 by mickdeja (Mick Whelan)
Lovely little tank there. What will u be stocking it with? The shrimps are slowly making there way over here. Nano tanks all over the gaff. :cheer:

Follow me up to Carlow

More
05 Sep 2011 18:33 #5 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
Yeah there starting to.really take off yeah going to.start with cherries plan to.have 5 shrimp set ups further down.the road i.want to get some high grade cyrstal s but shrimp.noob so.starting from.the start with them hows the monster tank.going mick

More
05 Sep 2011 19:42 #6 by PompeyBill (Killian Walshe)
Do you need a heater to keep the shrimp or is room temp ok?

More
05 Sep 2011 19:54 #7 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
Well i.belive 19 to 22 degrees is fine some people i know think 25 is better for breeding im.sure some shrimp.experts on here could.tell.ya a better answer then me

More
06 Sep 2011 07:53 #8 by mickdeja (Mick Whelan)
19 - 22 is fine. Especially if u are growin on moss as well. The red cherries are very easy to keep and are a very good starter shrimp. Best of luck with them. If u are lookin for a nice few females give me a shout and u will have hundreds in no time dude. The big daddy tank is goin through a bit of a chnge at the moment. its all positive. Thanks for askin. :)

Follow me up to Carlow

More
07 Sep 2011 16:30 #9 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
so to my surprise i was woke this morning to a knock on the door.8 bells now wasent expecting the ebi till next week but as i opened the door a man with a large box was there thought happy days.so tank came today ordered it on sunday so very happy with delivery time un boxed and ready for set up.posting pics in a few minutes very excited and happy to have it so soon

More
07 Sep 2011 16:44 #10 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)

More
07 Sep 2011 18:04 #11 by mickdeja (Mick Whelan)
Just a bit of advice on the substrate. It says on the bag to lightly wash it. DONT. Just place the fluval substrate into the tank and place a bowl in the bottom and pour the water into the bowl. Its very light stuff and cruches easily with the slightest pressure. Anyway u probably have it all aquascaped and finished by now as if i got that in the mornin i would get stuck into it straight away. Lookin at the same tank meself but with a stand. Keep us posted dude. :cheer:

Follow me up to Carlow

More
07 Sep 2011 18:04 #12 by Fishowner (Gavin fishowner)
Dont know where u are located but if you near Cork anytime let me know and you can have some cherrys and some assassins.
Keep us updated on this tanks progress.What kinda filter is in the back of that?
Also can you pm me the price and place of purchase. I have the fluval edge also and I recommend them.
Gavin

More
07 Sep 2011 18:46 #13 by mickdeja (Mick Whelan)
Here they are.

Nano filter

Follow me up to Carlow

More
07 Sep 2011 20:30 #14 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)
fishmad1234 could u pm me where u got this and price would be great thanks

sean

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

Always Remember Surviving Is Not Thriving

More
07 Sep 2011 21:49 #15 by donohoe (Andrew Donohoe)
Lovely looking tank can't wait to see it when it's finished I love shrimp. Thanks again for letting me know where you got it

More
07 Sep 2011 22:37 #16 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
Belive it or not its not.actually done yet didnt find the piece of root wood i.want for it.today so.not going to.put some thing in.it that i dont really want have the idea in my head so.sticking with it l.and thanks for that offer but im.in.dublin man pme who wants to.know.price and where i got it

More
08 Sep 2011 00:08 #17 by SpiderMonkey (Mark O'Neill)
She's a beauty Cree very nice.i was looking at the other Fluval a while back the Flora it comes with Co2!

Great little tanks look the business

Iv a few baby assassin's here drop over during the week you can have them

More
20 Sep 2011 20:40 - 20 Sep 2011 20:46 #18 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
So had the ebi cycleing for 2 weeks now have 2 pearl danios in.it to speed up things just doing a test tonight so.far no3 is 0ppm ammonia is 0.25 no`2 is 0ppm.and to my surprise the ph is 6 now ive tested 3 times the ph and im.quite happy with.it.being at 6 i dont quite belive it ive got 30 mini nano moss balls in at some bog wood and 2 cinemon sticks added some duck.weed this eveningi feel like them results from 2 weeks cycleing are amazing what yous think wasent expecting pretty much every thing to be on.the money for shrimp bar the ammonia

Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Sep 2011 20:46 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle).

More
20 Sep 2011 21:36 #19 by Fishowner (Gavin fishowner)
Duck weed...be careful...its a bitch to get rid of when you will get sick of it!The filter wont thank ya either!!Still for that size it should be fine. It looks good,love the background.What shrimp you putting into it?
Let me know what u make of the substrate..Im due to change mine on the fluval edge...sick of the black quartz.
Gavin

More
20 Sep 2011 21:57 #20 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
The substrate is great didnt wash it out and noting at all came off.it when i filled it up in.the ebi i was thinking of going with cherrys but now that my.parameters are so good ill leave it for another week see what the water is like and might go with crystals have a blau tank that i have to.put water in using ada amozonian substrate so going to.fill that hopefully bye saturday then making that rack and buy another 3 blau tanks great tanks i must say perfect for shrimp

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds