Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

manius s shrimp

More
25 Oct 2011 18:57 #1 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
Hi every one a lot of you know manius and some dont.

Been dealing with him the last say 2 months and even before i bought some shrimps off him he was only 2 happy to invite me over for a look at his shrimp farm and share his extensive knowledge of every element of shrimp keeping from the small st detail to the biggst detail.

His set up is quite mind blowing when i seen it first.never seen so many tanks dedicated just to shrimp(few snails to) when i first called into him he didnt know me but talked to me for about 2 hours teaching me about kh and gh (witch i never knew any thing about before talking to him) but if theres any one whos out there who deserves credit for his love of shrimp and how he strives to produce some top notch shrimp.

His tanks are clean his water is crystal clear.

Some of the quality of his shrimps are breath taking

Shrimp keeping is on a crash course in ireland and its people like manius who are figuire heading it and making people aware of the key steps into keeping shrimp healthy and reproduceing for you

So if any of yous get a chance to spend some time with manius or see his shrimp farm dont hesitate to do so

big shout out to a true shrimp expert.

Regards craig

at the end of the day it becomes nite

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• stretnik (stretnik)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
25 Oct 2011 19:55 #2 by stretnik (stretnik)
Replied by stretnik (stretnik) on topic Re: manius s shrimp
I have to agree, a really decent Bloke.

Kev.

More
25 Oct 2011 21:45 #3 by AquaticGardenDan (Daniel Madziag)
Where is he located ?
I would like to see that farm :)

Or how can I contact with him ?

Dan.

More
25 Oct 2011 22:04 #4 by SpiderMonkey (Mark O'Neill)
Yep I agree. a gentleman who knows a lots about shrimps :cheer:

Mark

More
26 Oct 2011 11:49 #5 by PompeyBill (Killian Walshe)
Fair play for posting Craig, people like Manius deserve to get some credit. We have many people like this on the forum, only too willing to help out or to sit around and discuss fish and fish related things for hours (if they are anything like me, they probably find it nice that someone actually wants to hear them talk about fish rather than boring a non-keeper! My girlfriends eyes glaze over when I start excitedly talking about something new I have read! Lol) so its nice to see someone get credit it for it.

I do have visions of a queue of people around the block at his house looking to see the tanks now though!

• stretnik (stretnik)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
26 Oct 2011 12:00 #6 by stretnik (stretnik)
He has a Bouncer,

HIS WIFE !!

Kev.

More
26 Oct 2011 13:11 #7 by Goldenguns (Darren pierce)
OOOOoooooo the image of a bouncer is big and burly

More
26 Oct 2011 20:21 - 26 Oct 2011 20:25 #8 by manius112 (Mariusz Kaminski)
:-)
Thanks Craig for being so nice :-)
Please don't worry about bouncer coz she is not that bad as she looks (my wife:-)

I don't know what to say so maybe I just gonna say more about myself.
My name is Mariusz but you all know me as manius112.
I was big to planted tanks 5 years ago and was first person using ADA in this country. I had 3 tanks on this stage. Rio 120, 60l moss tank and nano cube.
I got sick and end up at hospital for 6 months. When I back home all plant and shrimps were dead. I had no money so I sold most of aquariums and equipment.
2 years ago I went to visit my old friend and he show me shrimps. I fell in love from then and Im just addicted to shrimps now:-)
Most of you saw my shrimp pictures on forum so I would like to share some pix of planted tanks back from 2008 and my nano tank I have in kitchen now.
I'm just ready now to back to aquascaping now so be prepared for more pix coming in :-)

120l tank just after planting. unfortunately don't have more pix of this tank. diapered from my HDD:-(

ADA rocks in my firs nano tank

just after planting. my first nano tank was disaster so I changed design few days later

same little tank 7 days after planting

new design after few weeks from planting.

nano tank in my kitchen. photo taken 5 min ago. sorry for poor quality. no time so I used iphone.

one of my taiwan shrimps. still alive in my tank :-)

Don't have time now for more pictures but will share photos of my farm soon if you wish.
Thanks for appreciate my knowledge lads.

M
Last edit: 26 Oct 2011 20:25 by manius112 (Mariusz Kaminski).

• stretnik (stretnik)
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
26 Oct 2011 20:26 #9 by stretnik (stretnik)
Lovely stuff !

Kev.

More
26 Oct 2011 20:33 #10 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
Credit where credit is due pal :cool: :cool:

More
26 Oct 2011 20:50 #11 by SpiderMonkey (Mark O'Neill)
Jesus that's the nano tank now! Every time I see it, it keeps getting better looks brilliant manius
And thanks for the hand earlier on :)

More
26 Oct 2011 21:00 #12 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
Yeah looks amazing alright.

Did ya see the pictures of the shrimp i got off him amazing

More
26 Oct 2011 21:03 #13 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
Oh and to get in line first if ya breed the tawain s i want to be first in line for some if your selling :cool: :cool: :cool:

the early bird catchs the worm

craig

More
26 Oct 2011 21:55 #14 by AquaticGardenDan (Daniel Madziag)
It's a very nice kitchen tank !

Love your Taiwan shrimp :)

More
26 Oct 2011 22:19 #15 by mickdeja (Mick Whelan)
Beautiful pics as usual Mariusz. Thanks for sharin and keep them coming as iy is great to see finally quality shrimp over here. :)

Follow me up to Carlow

More
26 Oct 2011 22:38 #16 by fishmad1234 (Craig Coyle)
I second that mick the more people who.get as serious about shrimp as.manius the better quality shrimp we.ll have in the country

craig

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds