Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

shrimp compatabilaty chart thanks to Omen

More
22 Apr 2012 11:10 #1 by paulcavan (Paul Gileoold)
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
22 Apr 2012 11:12 #2 by paulcavan (Paul Gileoold)
sorry i deleted the last one still getting used to being a mod :hammer: anyway here it is again a good guide to shrimp that will crossbreed if kept together

More
26 Apr 2012 19:43 #3 by wylam (Stuart Sexton)
Is there a chart for which tropical fish are compatible with shrimp?

Cheers Stuart.

Multi tasking: Screwing up more than one thing at a time.

More
26 Apr 2012 22:54 #4 by Xeon (ioan micu)
Hi Stewart

I don't think that you will ever get that chart right. In one tank you can have adult wild discus at 7' living happily with red cherry and in another tank your guppy might kill the poor shrimp in minutes after adding them to the tank. Most nano fish are going to be ok with the adult dwarf shrimp while nearly any fish will eat your shrimplets.

I had pigmy cory and styphodon gobies in tanks were shrimp were breeding happily. I have ottos and ancistrus in most of my shrimp tanks.

More
27 Apr 2012 15:14 #5 by wylam (Stuart Sexton)
So its hit or miss really?ah well my amano has surrived awhile in my community tank i think ill get some more of them.

Stuart.

More
27 Apr 2012 15:34 #6 by paulcavan (Paul Gileoold)
Yeah John is right it's very hit and miss and what works in one tank may not work in another ammano are a bigger hardier shrimp and tend to do better in community aquariums

More
27 Apr 2012 16:35 #7 by wylam (Stuart Sexton)
Thanks Paul, so would ammano be better than , say cheery shrimp?

Cheers Stuart.

More
27 Apr 2012 16:46 #8 by paulcavan (Paul Gileoold)
Well again it depends on the setup cherries are cheap so buying a couple and introducing them when the lights are out is your best bet ;)

More
27 Apr 2012 21:59 #9 by andrewo (andrew)
NIce chart nevertheless thanks for posting it ! :)

Time to create page: 0.045 seconds