Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Shrimp ID please

More
27 Mar 2013 19:55 - 27 Mar 2013 19:57 #1 by blade (Michael G)
I Have 100`s Red cherry Shrimps , seen these ones for first time ,

They look like Neocaridina varation of some sort, What are they ?

Any help would be great

Thanks
Michael

Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Mar 2013 19:57 by blade (Michael G).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
27 Mar 2013 20:33 #2 by LemonJelly (Johnny Cowley)
the second one looks like a red fire shrimp. the darker one though (i think) is a species called Caridina cf babaulti'black', from india. same group as the amano

"The only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of your life; your memories, your attachments. They burn them all away. But they're not punishing you.They're freeing your soul."

More
27 Mar 2013 21:38 #3 by anthonyd (Anthony Debesne)
hi blade the first one is a neocaridinia heteropoda var. chocolate or chocolate shrimp.
the second one is a neocaradinia heteropoda var. rili or red rili shrimp.
the two are a color variation of the red cherry shrimp so keep them in a different tank if you want to keep the lines true overwise they might cross breed.

More
27 Mar 2013 23:05 - 27 Mar 2013 23:11 #4 by blade (Michael G)
Replied by blade (Michael G) on topic Shrimp ID please
Thanks Lemon / Anthony ,

Anthony your spot on , after google the names ,pics match them perfect

How did they get there i only ever had cherries , are they returning to there wild state ?

i heard they can do that ?

Might have to Separate them now , Dont want Hybrids or worse :cheer:
Last edit: 27 Mar 2013 23:11 by blade (Michael G).

More
27 Mar 2013 23:12 #5 by Esoxluciouss (denis goulding)
i always like finding new things in my tank....normally they are snails or plants that i never stocked.. but your finds are truly wonderful.....i would seperate them....cool looking shrimps

More
28 Mar 2013 19:34 #6 by blade (Michael G)
Thanks Esoxluciouss

More
28 Mar 2013 19:51 #7 by anthonyd (Anthony Debesne)
hi blade
you should check the article of mustafa ucozler on petshrimp.com called "the myth of reverting red cherry shrimp",it will explain you why you ended up with these new shrimps in your colony.

More
28 Mar 2013 20:43 #8 by blade (Michael G)
very Interesting article by Mustafa Ucozler ,that explains alot

Thanks for that Anthony

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds