Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

large shrimp tank

More
09 Sep 2013 16:36 #1 by paulcavan (Paul Gileoold)
So ive decided with my 350L tank im gonna set up a shrimp only tank with a huge emphasise on plants has anyone else kept shrimp at only in a tank this size not gonna go to unusual with the shrimp crystals and cherries

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
09 Sep 2013 17:00 #2 by CrustyCrab (Peter Biddulph)
Now that is a great project. I really like the idea of a planted tank with shrimp.
Not sure how the Wallet Keeper will react to me setting one up, but I have a couple of empty 100 L in the house .....
Think I am going to bug you for photos!

More
09 Sep 2013 17:18 #3 by LemonJelly (Johnny Cowley)
Ands like a great idea! And you'll be overrun with shrimp in no time :woohoo:

I'm in the process of setting up 2 nano shrimp tanks (3g and 14g) and when my 20g tank is free it'll be a Sulawesi biotope

Looking forward to seeing how your "monster" shrimp tank turns out

"The only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of your life; your memories, your attachments. They burn them all away. But they're not punishing you.They're freeing your soul."

More
27 Dec 2013 06:53 #4 by Miamiheat (Stephane Lemaire)
hi did you ever setup that shrimp tank? if yes would love to see a couple of pics.
cheers

So ive decided with my 350L tank im gonna set up a shrimp only tank with a huge emphasise on plants has anyone else kept shrimp at only in a tank this size not gonna go to unusual with the shrimp crystals and cherries

More
27 Dec 2013 09:45 #5 by hammie (Neil Hammerton)
I'm waiting for my buddy to send me back my eheim external so I can setup a 60litre shrimp tank....
I'm just thinking dwarf shrimp to breed for food purposes not 100% decided yet tho......
But I'll plant it with easy grown plants for a bit of experience at that end of things aswell

More
27 Dec 2013 09:47 #6 by paulcavan (Paul Gileoold)
Only getting it done now water currently cycling as we text ha cant wait to get shrimp and plants in it ill be like a child on christmad morning :woohoo:

More
27 Dec 2013 15:23 - 27 Dec 2013 17:19 #7 by Esoxluciouss (denis goulding)
Going to collect a 30g tomorrow... not sure on what substrate decor and plants. I really want some easy to grow plants moss and wood. Any ideas. Lokking forward to the pics and updates of the big shrimp tank....

My tank will be something to keep me busy while we 're arrange the house.
Last edit: 27 Dec 2013 17:19 by Esoxluciouss (denis goulding).

More
27 Dec 2013 16:28 #8 by Miamiheat (Stephane Lemaire)
Food for fish?

I'm waiting for my buddy to send me back my eheim external so I can setup a 60litre shrimp tank....
I'm just thinking dwarf shrimp to breed for food purposes not 100% decided yet tho......
But I'll plant it with easy grown plants for a bit of experience at that end of things aswell

More
28 Dec 2013 19:27 #9 by hammie (Neil Hammerton)
My cichlids love dwarf shrimp for food.....
A bit of sport for them too trying to catch the shrimp!

More
28 Dec 2013 23:05 #10 by Esoxluciouss (denis goulding)
That's great...I Like to breed them for a challenge. I will start again on cherrys and work my way up.

More
29 Dec 2013 00:48 #11 by Miamiheat (Stephane Lemaire)

My cichlids love dwarf shrimp for food.....
A bit of sport for them too trying to catch the shrimp!

yeah that is what i want to do: breed them massively and feed my Discus :lol:

More
31 Dec 2013 23:12 #12 by Esoxluciouss (denis goulding)
I wish u luck in your endeavor

More
18 Apr 2014 22:36 #13 by Esoxluciouss (denis goulding)
Any updates

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds