Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Shrimp eating habits

More
08 Oct 2013 10:20 #1 by LemonJelly (Johnny Cowley)
I got 10 Crystal Red Shrimp from Seahorse on the weekend and I'm really pleased with them. I have no idea what grade they are and I don't really care, I just think they're amazing looking creatures with fascinating habits. They're in their own 12L tank so this is my first invert only aquarium.

I do have one question though.

I let them settle in for about half a day and when they seemed good and relaxed I dropped in a couple of JBL shrimp pellets. They never touched them so the next morning I took them out with a turkey baster. Should I leave them with food for a few days? Are they too preoccupied with biofilm right now to bother with food?

"The only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of your life; your memories, your attachments. They burn them all away. But they're not punishing you.They're freeing your soul."

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
09 Oct 2013 10:55 #2 by LemonJelly (Johnny Cowley)
Bueller? Bueller? Anyone? Bueller?

"The only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of your life; your memories, your attachments. They burn them all away. But they're not punishing you.They're freeing your soul."

More
09 Oct 2013 11:06 #3 by Jasonb (Jason Browne)
Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavours last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

B)

J.

More
09 Oct 2013 11:16 #4 by LemonJelly (Johnny Cowley)

Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavours last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

B)

J.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

More
10 Oct 2013 10:00 #5 by LemonJelly (Johnny Cowley)
It's alright, don't bother your @r$€ replying! They've started eating the pellets and even stealing them from each other ;)

More
10 Oct 2013 10:16 #6 by Jasonb (Jason Browne)
Sorry, I know my reply didn't help at all, but I couldn't resist! :evil:

J.

More
10 Oct 2013 10:23 #7 by LemonJelly (Johnny Cowley)

Sorry, I know my reply didn't help at all, but I couldn't resist! :evil:

J.

Actually my last comment was aimed at the wider forum membership. Your Ferris Bueller quote was actually very cool :laugh:

More
10 Oct 2013 10:24 #8 by Jasonb (Jason Browne)
It's just an excellent movie, must watch it again...

J.

More
10 Oct 2013 11:15 #9 by LemonJelly (Johnny Cowley)

It's just an excellent movie, must watch it again...

J.

"What's he doing now?"
"He's licking the glass and making obscene gestures."

More
10 Oct 2013 18:05 #10 by Hicker12 (Stephen Hickey)
Only seeing this now. I use a high quality shrimp food twice a week and they are thriving. I will show you what products i use if your caling to get them killifsih eggs over the weekend.

Stephen

More
10 Oct 2013 18:25 #11 by LemonJelly (Johnny Cowley)

Only seeing this now. I use a high quality shrimp food twice a week and they are thriving. I will show you what products i use if your caling to get them killifsih eggs over the weekend.

Stephen

Cheers for that. Would some time Saturday morning be ok?

More
10 Oct 2013 18:37 #12 by Hicker12 (Stephen Hickey)
Yeah should be ok, I will probably have to send ya a map! My house is kinda hard to find. Unless you know Ballyboughal? Turn left at the post box and all that! :lol:

More
11 Oct 2013 07:29 #13 by paulv (paul vickers)
Coffee morn in Stephen's place saturday, should I bring my own bickys :cool:

More
11 Oct 2013 08:21 #14 by LemonJelly (Johnny Cowley)

Yeah should be ok, I will probably have to send ya a map! My house is kinda hard to find. Unless you know Ballyboughal? Turn left at the post box and all that! :lol:

I Ger up in that kind of place ;)

More
11 Oct 2013 11:48 #15 by Hicker12 (Stephen Hickey)

Coffee morn in Stephen's place saturday, should I bring my own bickys :cool:

Bring your wellies cus Saturday is water change day! I will give ya 2 bickys no chocolate ones tho! lol :-(( :-((

More
11 Oct 2013 11:50 #16 by Hicker12 (Stephen Hickey)

I Ger up in that kind of place ;)

I will pm ya some directions. Dont want paulv getting my full address in case he eats all the biscuits ! lol

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds