Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Red Claw Crab

More
15 Oct 2010 12:35 - 15 Oct 2010 12:36 #1 by curefan (Dave Massey)
Hi,
I saw these in Maidenhead the other day and was really tempted to get some....anyone have experience of these.....

Would they eat my shrimp???

Cheers, Dave.
Last edit: 15 Oct 2010 12:36 by curefan (Dave Massey).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
15 Oct 2010 12:41 #2 by Gavin (Gavin)
Replied by Gavin (Gavin) on topic Re:Red Claw Crab
they would indeed.they also fancy plants while they're about it.species specific with a very tight lid.excellent escape artists.

dont make me come over there.

More
15 Oct 2010 15:33 #3 by mickdeja (Mick Whelan)
houdini aint a patch on these guys.

Mick........:laugh:

Follow me up to Carlow

More
26 Oct 2010 15:06 - 26 Oct 2010 15:09 #4 by umpsfar (mit)
Replied by umpsfar (mit) on topic Re:Red Claw Crab
Utterly bored at the weekend i decided to setup an unused tank, i have a piece of wood out of the water.
I really hope the little red claw crab i bought wouldnt be able to make it across the the wood to the heater along the tube.
i threw in 4 cories, 5 neons ,
he seems happy munching on (expensive) plants at the minute,
looking forward to the day i say "honey the crab is out, put ur shoes on"

Oh also got 2 cherry shrimp,
taking bets to who goes first, neons will prob drop off from some disease.
Last edit: 26 Oct 2010 15:09 by umpsfar (mit).

More
26 Oct 2010 15:09 #5 by Fishowner (Gavin fishowner)
If he can escape,he will.Id cover it up if I was you.

Gavin

More
26 Oct 2010 15:12 #6 by dar (darren curry)
Replied by dar (darren curry) on topic Re:Red Claw Crab
no!! if she puts her shoes on she might crush it, tell her to move in wit relatives till you decide you don't want your crab anymore

question: wat is the life span, the break will do you's the world of good

Check out the angling section, it is fantastic

More
26 Oct 2010 15:12 #7 by umpsfar (mit)
Replied by umpsfar (mit) on topic Re:Red Claw Crab
i will do that tonight, so excited to go home and search for shrimp and crab. excellent at hide n seek

More
26 Oct 2010 15:16 #8 by dar (darren curry)
Replied by dar (darren curry) on topic Re:Red Claw Crab
you might find that the shrimp are great at this game wen there is a crab about, you might not find them, they will become part of the nitrogen cycle in the form of crab poo

Check out the angling section, it is fantastic

More
01 Nov 2013 21:53 #9 by Mr B (C B)
Replied by Mr B (C B) on topic Red Claw Crab
Can't agree more. My guy was uncontainable. Kept finding him outside the tank covered in lint. We eventually went our seperate ways. Think he lives in Galway now on a crusty campsite.

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds