Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Disaster.

More
11 Jun 2017 10:25 #1 by paulv (paul vickers)
Hi all. Anybody that knows me knows the kind of fish I keep. Sadly a few months ago some scum bags broke into my house and totally trashed the house including my monster tank, killing all my beloved fish. The tank held 1200 L so the room and hall was flooded, meaning I had to dump all the carpets. As if that was not enough I've being recently diagnosed with bowl cancer, so 2017 is turning out to be a crappy year. I'm selling what I can from the tank set up including all heaters, air pump and return pumps. I also have large rocks,roots and bog wood. I also have the 5 ft sump and lengths of 12 mm glass, various lengths of inch and 2 inch pipe joints and valves. Check out for sale.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2017 10:42 #2 by JohnH (John)
Replied by JohnH (John) on topic Disaster.
Paul,
I'm so sorry to hear of your misfortunes, both medical and other.

I sincerely hope that - particularly the former - gets resolved.

As to the latter, it's difficult to see the mentality of them smashing your tank - that is just sheer vandalism.

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

More
11 Jun 2017 11:57 #3 by paulv (paul vickers)
Replied by paulv (paul vickers) on topic Disaster.
Thanks John. I'm in for a tough 6 to 8 months. That kind of mindless vandalism is beyond me, guess our little country is turning worse.

More
11 Jun 2017 21:47 #4 by robert (robert carter)
Replied by robert (robert carter) on topic Disaster.
Hi Paul , only just seen this , firstly very sorry to hear about your health issues , i wish you a very speedy recovery . As for the breakin and damage to your tank and property , this is just mindless vandalism . My nephew is going through the same health issue as you at present . I truely hope all goes well with you . Robert

More
12 Jun 2017 06:40 #5 by paulv (paul vickers)
Thanks Robert. Like most things we'll get over it. Some time in the future I'll get a big tank, my retirement plan.

More
12 Jun 2017 10:16 #6 by Bill (Bill Hunter)
Replied by Bill (Bill Hunter) on topic Disaster.
Hi Paul, I'm very sorry to hear of these problems. I'll keep you in my thoughts.
Bill

More
12 Jun 2017 16:17 #7 by Damian_Ireland (Damian_Ireland)
sorry to hear that.

More
15 Jun 2017 01:31 #8 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)
I hope u have a speedy recovery, two of my friends after going through the same medical treatment and both are doing well now and things are back to normal for them.
If there is anything i can help with fish related just send me a pm. hopefully karma comes down on the people that vandalism your house and tank.

Something fishie going on here

More
17 Jun 2017 08:52 #9 by paulv (paul vickers)
Thanks guys for all the kind wishes. The more people I talk to the more I know how curable this cancer is. As for my monster tank I'll get another one, maybe wait till I retire and put a dream fish room together. Watch this space.

More
17 Jun 2017 15:55 #10 by iain54 (Iain Minchin)
Replied by iain54 (Iain Minchin) on topic Disaster.
Hopefully you cure that post disease and catch the p****s that wrecked the home

More
30 Jun 2017 13:38 #11 by Ski (Alan McGee)
Replied by Ski (Alan McGee) on topic Disaster.
So sorry to hear this Paul, hope you get better soon

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds