Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Biotope Aquarium Design Contest 2017

More
19 Sep 2017 16:55 #1 by Musyupick (Sergei Anikin)
File Attachment:

We would like to invite you to take part in Biotope Aquarium Design Contest 2017!
Prize pool: € 3,000 + diplomas + certificates + magazine
Accepting entries: September 1st – 30th
Evaluating entries: October 11st – 31st
Results: December 1st

This year all contestants should provide a video of their biotope aquaria.

Biotope Aquarium Design Contest on Facebook
File Attachment:

Follow the events!
We promise it's going to be exciting!

Submit entry

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2017 19:37 #2 by Musyupick (Sergei Anikin)
Are you ready to see the 105 best biotope aquaria 2017? Then please go to our page! biotope-aquarium.info/badc-2017/aquaria/
Now you can find out who are the authors of the aquaria, and on December 1st the winners of the contest will be named.
Enjoy viewing!

File Attachment:

More
14 Nov 2017 20:20 #3 by paulcavan (Paul Gileoold)
Great talent on show there lads

More
02 Dec 2017 14:21 - 02 Dec 2017 14:21 #4 by Musyupick (Sergei Anikin)
The organizers and the jury members evaluated all the entries using special criteria and now you can see the results.
Very soon we will publish points for each criterion, as well as comments of the jury members to some entries. Follow the page update.
Congratulations to all the participants with a great result!
biotope-aquarium.info/badc-2017/aquaria/
File Attachment:
Last edit: 02 Dec 2017 14:21 by Musyupick (Sergei Anikin).

More
19 Jan 2018 16:38 #5 by Musyupick (Sergei Anikin)
Magazines for aquarists
50 Best Biotope Aquaria 2017
World Best Biotope Aquaria 2016
Price: $10 each including delivery by mail
Payment via PayPal

More
09 Apr 2018 18:53 #6 by Musyupick (Sergei Anikin)
The magazines are packed in protective envelopes with bubble wrap

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds