Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

open fish show

More
27 Mar 2012 19:01 #1 by john gannon (John Gannon)
hello all
on the 18 and 19th of august this year the itfs will be holding an open show in tymon north.we will possibly be joining forces with the herpetological society of ireland ,everything is still to be sorted but i just taught id let yous know here
if any questions just let us know
john

IRISH TROPICAL FISH SOCIETY CLUB MEMBER

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
27 Mar 2012 21:13 #2 by sheag35 (Seamus Gillespie)
is it gonna be open to everyone??

Fishkeeping the Only way to get wet and wild

currently 25 tanks, and breeding is the aim of everything i keep

More
27 Mar 2012 21:17 #3 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)
thanks john will be there

Sean

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

Always Remember Surviving Is Not Thriving

More
27 Mar 2012 21:34 #4 by john gannon (John Gannon)
Yes shea it will be open to everybody,when we have finalised everything we will let all the other clubs etc know
Any other suggestions anybody has just let us know and we can put them forward at next months meeting
Thanks
John

More
27 Mar 2012 22:35 #5 by KenS (Ken Simpson)
Great to hear John. You can rely on the usual LFKS contingent to help out.

Hopefully we'll be doing something at the show in Phil's memory. It will be an odd feeling having a show without him buzzing around.

Regards,

Ken.

More
27 Mar 2012 22:43 #6 by dubfish (Alan Martin)

Great to hear John. You can rely on the usual LFKS contingent to help out.

Hopefully we'll be doing something at the show in Phil's memory. It will be an odd feeling having a show without him buzzing around.

+ 1 Fair play

Regards Alan..

More
27 Mar 2012 22:59 #7 by igmillichip (ian millichip)
Great news, John.

There is also a positive feeling from the HSI stables.

ian

Irish Tropical Fish Society (ITFS) Member.

More
27 Mar 2012 23:23 #8 by john gannon (John Gannon)
Thanks lads your help is always welcome and appreciated

We will definitely be doing something in Phil's memory ,

Thanks
John

More
28 Mar 2012 09:09 #9 by sheag35 (Seamus Gillespie)
yep agree something sgould be done in phils memory definately, maybe a particular prize category renamed after him, or something else, look forward to hearing more details, will need to book time off for this

Fishkeeping the Only way to get wet and wild

currently 25 tanks, and breeding is the aim of everything i keep

More
04 Jul 2012 17:32 #10 by john gannon (John Gannon)
Hello all
Just taught I'd get this thread going again .as from next week yous will be seeing posters and stuff in sponsers shops and that as we will be starting our advertisement campaign .if there is any queries or suggestions just pop them up here and hopefully we can get a bit of momentum going.
On another note if there is anybody out there who would like to sponser a prize or two just pm me
Thanks
John

More
04 Jul 2012 20:35 #11 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)
Anything you need John let us know

Also im still on for helping out with the show

And hope more from the forum help out

Sean

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

Always Remember Surviving Is Not Thriving

More
06 Jul 2012 17:58 #12 by igmillichip (ian millichip)
The H.S.I. had a committee vote last night to commit the HSI to helping out with the show as much as possible within its resources.

I could not give a personal guarantee a few months ago as I was due to step down from being Chairperson of the H.S.I.
But I am very pleased to announce that the New H.S.I. Chairperson is Justine McCann (who is also a member of the Irish Tropical Fish Keeping Society, but not of this forum).

The H.S.I. hope to tag this to its involvement with Heritage Week, and would be happy for the ITFS to share in that linkage by virtue of the Show.

Ian
(Chairperson Emeritus, and on behalf of the New HSI Chairperson)

Irish Tropical Fish Society (ITFS) Member.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds