Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

ITFS OCTOBER MEETING IS TONIGHT.

More
08 Oct 2013 18:18 - 15 Oct 2013 14:52 #1 by goldy (goldy .)
The meeting is postponed to next Tuesday the 15th of October 8.30 in rosy o Grady's pub
Last edit: 15 Oct 2013 14:52 by JohnH (John). Reason: Changed (rather misleading) Subject Title

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 Oct 2013 14:15 #2 by JohnH (John)

The meeting is postponed to next Tuesday the 15th of October 8.30 in rosy o Grady's pub

That's tomorrow everyone. I'll leave it for Andrew to add details when he has the time, but here is a little 'reminder'.

John.

...ps it goes without saying that non-members are welcome to attend - do attend, they're quite a nice bunch really.

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

More
14 Oct 2013 14:25 #3 by hammie (Neil Hammerton)
If i can possibly get out of my prior arrangements ill pop along.....
unfortunately that a big IF at this stage

More
14 Oct 2013 14:38 #4 by LemonJelly (Johnny Cowley)

That's tomorrow everyone. I'll leave it for Andrew to add details when he has the time, but here is a little 'reminder'.

John.

...ps it goes without saying that non-members are welcome to attend - do attend, they're quite a nice bunch really.

"Nice lads... when they're asleep..."

I should be there. I have some Juwel filter housings I want to shift ;)

Oh yeah... ahem... "Where's my friggin' book?" :whistle:

"The only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of your life; your memories, your attachments. They burn them all away. But they're not punishing you.They're freeing your soul."

More
14 Oct 2013 14:43 #5 by JohnH (John)
Oh no, I forgot - no-one reminded me, did they?

:side: :side: :side: :side:

John :evil:

ITFS member.

More
14 Oct 2013 16:37 #6 by Andrew (Andrew Taaffe)
The ITFS meeting tomorrow from 8.30 pm in Rosey O'Grady's has Derek Doyle giving a talk on:
Techniques for Raising quality fish

This should be of huge interest to all fish-keepers and hobbyists, - especially breeders and Show exhibitors.

For many years Derek has been a leading light in breeding difficult species and the quality of fish he has produced stands over and above imports from certain worldwide locations. As the leading Show Judge - Derek has always sought to espouse the need for "standards & quality" amongst the fish being presented. As some wise person once said " how do you what is good if you don't know what good looks like" - well tomorrows talk should help us understand what a good fish should look like, I for one will be there with the notebook seeking an invite for a site visit to his fish-house with a net and some bags( maybe i'll suggest a change of location for a future meeting !!)

Regards
Andrew

ITFS Club Secretary
email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
see the ITFS tab above for more information www.irishfishkeepers.com/index.php/itfs

More
15 Oct 2013 14:03 #7 by JohnH (John)
This promises to be an excellent talk, Derek's talks always are.

John

ITFS member.

More
15 Oct 2013 15:25 #8 by hammie (Neil Hammerton)
Unfortunately even tho I got out of 2 prior engagements, something urgent has come up and I still wont be available to attend....

Ill just have to keep trying

Disheartened Ill miss the talk :(

More
15 Oct 2013 18:16 #9 by igmillichip (ian millichip)
I was all set for the meeting last week.

I am not sure I can make it tonight....that is a pity.

ian

Irish Tropical Fish Society (ITFS) Member.

More
16 Oct 2013 11:15 #10 by Melander (Andreas Melander)
I really enjoyed Derek’s talk yesterday and think I picked up plenty of information.

As pointed out yesterday it makes a massive difference knowing that the information comes from firsthand experience compared to perhaps withered down internet sources etc..

The campfire stories about the “olden days” were also appreciated, who knew there were eccentric fishkeepers?

It’s also good to put some faces to the names; I finally met LemonJelly for instance.

Many thanks to Derek for the talk and to everyone involved!

Andreas

More
16 Oct 2013 12:48 #11 by igmillichip (ian millichip)
That a very good summary Melander. Pity I wasn't there to hear the talk.

ian

Irish Tropical Fish Society (ITFS) Member.

More
16 Oct 2013 18:57 - 16 Oct 2013 18:58 #12 by LemonJelly (Johnny Cowley)

I really enjoyed Derek’s talk yesterday and think I picked up plenty of information.

As pointed out yesterday it makes a massive difference knowing that the information comes from firsthand experience compared to perhaps withered down internet sources etc..

The campfire stories about the “olden days” were also appreciated, who knew there were eccentric fishkeepers?

It’s also good to put some faces to the names; I finally met LemonJelly for instance.

Many thanks to Derek for the talk and to everyone involved!

Andreas

Pleasure meeting you Melander. Love that corner tank of yours (plan on getting one in the new year!)

"The only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of your life; your memories, your attachments. They burn them all away. But they're not punishing you.They're freeing your soul."
Last edit: 16 Oct 2013 18:58 by LemonJelly (Johnny Cowley).

Time to create page: 0.066 seconds