Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Repashy fish food

More
06 Jul 2015 18:54 #1 by Eric (Eric Corcoran)
Anyone use this for their fish ? If so is it worth the money ?

Eric

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2015 19:34 - 06 Jul 2015 19:37 #2 by trent (trent)
Replied by trent (trent) on topic Repashy fish food
amazing stuff. probably best fish food ive used. andreas had it on one of his tank and i seen it one day when i was getting fish off him, though i should try it as it had great review. first try plecos and corys went mad for it. i used the one from aquafarm men. its dear but has more mussels in it. its still a good price though as it make some thing like 1.5kg and it around 40e i think. you can add stuff to it like garlic,paprica, fish food and coloue enhancer. its not only for plecos it for all fish, my angels went mad for it. if you down by me sometime il give you some to try. also my discus were eating it too
Last edit: 06 Jul 2015 19:37 by trent (trent).

More
06 Jul 2015 19:53 #3 by Eric (Eric Corcoran)
Thanks Trent ,
I was thinking of buying the "spawn and grow " one as ive read it's great for conditioning fish and growing on fry. It is pricey though

Eric

More
02 Mar 2016 22:02 #4 by john gannon (John Gannon)
lads anyone know who will ship yhis to ireland
thanks

IRISH TROPICAL FISH SOCIETY CLUB MEMBER

More
02 Mar 2016 22:06 #5 by Eric (Eric Corcoran)
www.repashy.co.uk. shipping is at your own risk but if you're using parcel motely ou should be ok

Eric

More
29 Oct 2016 15:29 #6 by PENEV10 (Brian Farrell)

www.repashy.co.uk. shipping is at your own risk but if you're using parcel motely ou should be ok

Eric

Wow this is way cheaper than any of the sellers on Amazon, cheers

More
29 Oct 2016 19:56 #7 by nomad (pat murphy)
Read on their website that once you make the gel that you dry it out in an oven for 8-12 hours,is that right..

More
29 Oct 2016 20:03 #8 by Eric (Eric Corcoran)
Didn't read that but the instructions I got and use is leave it set in the fridge and then cut up and use. Really fantastic stuff

Eric

More
29 Oct 2016 20:12 #9 by nomad (pat murphy)

Didn't read that but the instructions I got and use is leave it set in the fridge and then cut up and use. Really fantastic stuff

Eric

Hi Eric was thinking of getting some of the community plus,could you have a quick read about drying the stuff in an oven on their website,why would you need to dry it out if like you said you feed the gel......www.repashy.co.uk/index.php?main_page=pr...ath=3&products_id=22 cheers.

More
29 Oct 2016 20:38 #10 by Eric (Eric Corcoran)
Yea it says if you want to make Jerky put it in the oven or dehydrator. Jerky is like a real tough food like leather almost so the fish can graze on it plus it'll last longer in the tank.
But honestly no need to go through all that. Just make it up normally and watch the fish stuff themselves on it.

Eric

More
29 Oct 2016 20:43 #11 by nomad (pat murphy)
Thanks for that Eric so i,d say the jerky would be suitable for the likes of bristlenoses etc that rasp on their food like what they do with bogwood...

More
29 Oct 2016 20:47 #12 by Eric (Eric Corcoran)
Yea exactly. Also I have seen people with plecos take out some wood , make up a mix and pour it on the wood to set. Then put the wood back in

Eric

More
29 Oct 2016 20:55 #13 by nomad (pat murphy)
Thats an interesting way of feeding the likes of bristlenoses etc ,natural feeding instincts with the bonus of feeding on all the other beneficial ingredients ,vitamins etc that the food contains.Must get my thinking cap on,cheers Eric ...

More
29 Oct 2016 21:01 #14 by nomad (pat murphy)

Eric

Eric just back tracked and wondering why you say shipping at your own risk,cheers.

More
30 Oct 2016 14:48 #15 by Jonlate (Jon Late)
Just looking at this food, looks a interesting way of mixing up different foods we feed our fish.
It says to mix it 1 part powder to 2-3 parts water. Is that by weight or volume?
How much does it make? how many ice cubes size chunks could it be cut into?

More
30 Oct 2016 14:52 #16 by Eric (Eric Corcoran)

Eric

Eric just back tracked and wondering why you say shipping at your own risk,cheers.

When I ordered the last time they said it could be stopped coming into to the country. I don't know why but for a tenner I didn't care to be honest

More
30 Oct 2016 14:55 #17 by Eric (Eric Corcoran)

Just looking at this food, looks a interesting way of mixing up different foods we feed our fish.
It says to mix it 1 part powder to 2-3 parts water. Is that by weight or volume?
How much does it make? how many ice cubes size chunks could it be cut into?

I use the cap of the bottle it's in as the measure. I fill the cap with the powder and put that into a cup. Then fill the cap 3 times with boiling water and add to the cup and mix with a fork really well. I pour the mix into a small plastic tub and leave in the fridge. I take slices off it each evening to feed .
It's up to you how much you want to make each time.
I like making small amounts so its fresher.

Eric

More
30 Oct 2016 19:06 #18 by nomad (pat murphy)
Hi Eric i clicked on 6 or 7 odd differant fish foods and see that the 3oz for 9.99 is in stock but the much better deal of 12oz for 21.99 are out of stock.Do they only have 12oz batches for sale short time that you have to keep checking daily because its a great deal and snapped up very fast .Also curious as Jonlate was asking how many ice cubes of food would you make out of the 3oz jar to have an idea as to the volume,cheers.

More
30 Oct 2016 23:33 #19 by Eric (Eric Corcoran)
I've no idea on what way they sell the 12oz tubs but does sound a far better deal.
Also no idea how many ice cubes it will make but the 3oz jar goes a long way. Make it in small amounts and judge how much to feed your fish.

Eric

More
31 Oct 2016 14:46 #20 by robert (robert carter)
Having only just heard of this food , is it as good as they say, and how come no one in lreland sells it . Watched a u tube video on it seems a bit messy having to make it up then put in the mircowave , surely this wood deplete any nutrutional value it has .

More
31 Oct 2016 18:49 #21 by Eric (Eric Corcoran)
No idea Robert. It works great for me. If you have doubts don't try it

Eric

More
31 Oct 2016 18:51 #22 by Eric (Eric Corcoran)
I passed some onto Kevin (homer). Maybe ask him to see what he thought of it

Eric

More
31 Oct 2016 19:44 #23 by robert (robert carter)
Well kevin what do you think of it . Robert

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds