Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Gamma bloodworms anyone know who is stocking them

More
01 Mar 2016 15:05 #1 by alan 64 (alan)
Ok so my discus mainly eat bloodworms and the occasional beefheart, as i am too believe the bloodworms arnt the best thing for them so i researched the safest ones to feed them were the gamma blister packs as the put through a process that irradicates any paracites and bacteria and my fish are all good and healthy on them a year now, i usually get these in seahorse but when i went up they have changed to there own brand, i got some to keep me going but i just want to stick with what i have been using so do any of u know where i can get the gamma blood worms

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2016 15:22 #2 by nomad (pat murphy)
Seahorse have gamma frozen food in stock,just picked some gamma bloodworms up at the weekend..

More
01 Mar 2016 15:27 #3 by Dihanio (Paulie Hanlon)
Alan, Try Newlands.

I'm nearly sure Gavin stocks them

More
01 Mar 2016 16:36 #4 by alan 64 (alan)
I was in seahorse today and they had the shelves stocked with there own brand now there was no gamma bloodworms, i think newlands stock ocean nutrition brand but its the gamma i am after

More
03 Mar 2016 17:47 #5 by JohnH (John)
Alan,
I was just 'talking' to Stephen at Petco and he tells me he doesn't have any in stock but can order it in for you.
He's very good at getting stuff in for 'special order' so, if all else fails, it might be worth your while asking him.
John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

More
03 Mar 2016 20:19 #6 by alan 64 (alan)
Thanks john il give him a call im not realy happy with the stuff i got i was in petco today but stephen must of not bein there as the chap there dint know too much about it

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds