Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

kensfish.com

More
25 Aug 2016 14:58 #1 by Damian_Ireland (Damian_Ireland)
Has anyone ordered food from Kenfish ? Looking at the website and the cost of shipping is mental

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2016 15:31 #2 by robert (robert carter)
Replied by robert (robert carter) on topic kensfish.com
They are an american company hence the high shipping cost plus the fact you may be charged extra import taxes when it arrives at your door . Would have thought anything they sell is available here in the uk .

More
25 Aug 2016 15:42 #3 by Damian_Ireland (Damian_Ireland)
looking for somewhere that sells beefheart and blackworm flakes.

More
25 Aug 2016 15:45 #4 by alan 64 (alan)
Replied by alan 64 (alan) on topic kensfish.com
What about seahorse they sell the beefheart for sure

More
25 Aug 2016 15:46 #5 by Damian_Ireland (Damian_Ireland)
flakes of both

More
25 Aug 2016 15:56 #6 by alan 64 (alan)
Replied by alan 64 (alan) on topic kensfish.com
Oh flakes sorry i didnt read it right never seen them only on american sites, what are u feeding them too

More
25 Aug 2016 22:29 #7 by anthonyd (Anthony Debesne)
Have a look at those guys, they sell blackworm flakes www.ta-aquaculture.com/

More
25 Aug 2016 22:56 #8 by Damian_Ireland (Damian_Ireland)
yup, i buy from Tim a fair bit. He should have beefheart flake in a few weeks. just wondered where other people got their food from

More
25 Aug 2016 23:00 #9 by Eric (Eric Corcoran)
Replied by Eric (Eric Corcoran) on topic kensfish.com
Yea ta aquaculture is as good as you get in my opinion

Eric

More
30 Aug 2016 14:44 #10 by ger310 (Ger .)
Replied by ger310 (Ger .) on topic kensfish.com

Has anyone ordered food from Kenfish ? Looking at the website and the cost of shipping is mental

Yeh I noticed that recently aswell...........I kind of remember a few years back someone putting a post up on a forum (think it was the LFKS forum) asking would people like to order from them together to keep the shipping cost down...........cant really recall but I think it might of being 6-8 people that went for it.........I couldn't see that many people going for it these days though!!

Ger

What do you call a three legged Donkey?

A Wonkey....duh ha :)

More
11 Oct 2016 19:12 #11 by cichlidheaven (graham wynne)
hi Damian

i have ordered from Kensfish a few times. true postage is high but i find that if you order in bulk that this well covers cost of buying smaller quantities at higher prices, very good delivery service usually in a few days, i havent got caught with import duty yet and have had 4 orders over the last few years. very good for flake/pellets floating and sinking foods. be careful not to get buy electrical goods as they are 110 volt and not compatible to ESB network i have found that bulk buy of 8 - 10kg would cost $80 dollars when you do the exchange rate is about €55 euros ( the cost of 2-3 trips to pet shop).

More
25 Nov 2016 01:55 #12 by john gannon (John Gannon)
I ordered from kens a couple of years ago i taught it was if youordered above so much it was free shipping so itwas worth ordering more.now i did sayitwas a while back so may have changed

IRISH TROPICAL FISH SOCIETY CLUB MEMBER

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds