Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Help with cichlid

More
14 Jan 2013 17:26 #1 by Debrick (Ciaran barrett)
Hi all ,
I had an electric yellow female carrying , I decided to move her
to a 30 litre tank for her own comfort , she seemed to be doin fine ,
when I got home dis evening she had spat out all her eggs abt 20
is this normal ?? Shud I have left her in the main tank ??
Last question shud I put her back in the main tank 2 day or let her rest ??
Appreciate any help with dis
Debrick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2013 19:25 #2 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)
Moved to the right Section,

Thanks

Sean

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

Always Remember Surviving Is Not Thriving

More
14 Jan 2013 21:05 #3 by ger310 (Ger .)
Replied by ger310 (Ger .) on topic Help with cichlid
Hi Debrick,this is perfectly normal so congrats.
I dont know how much food she was able to get into her while she was holding but if you think she needs to get her strength up leave her there for a day or two and feed her nicely.......Be careful when reintroducing her to the main tank if she is out for a good while as she might have lost her social standing.....i do just move a few rocks around to confuse the rest of them then add her back in.
The best of luck raising the 20 fry.

Ger

What do you call a three legged Donkey?

A Wonkey....duh ha :)

More
14 Jan 2013 22:08 #4 by Debrick (Ciaran barrett)
Hi ger ,
I was under the impression because she spat all the eggs that they wouldn'nt
Hatch , is this rite ? I think I will leave her there for a day or so , I will feed the fish as input her back

More
14 Jan 2013 22:35 #5 by ger310 (Ger .)
Replied by ger310 (Ger .) on topic Help with cichlid
Debrick,my apologies.....i misread your post!
For some reason i assumed she spat free swimming fry (even though you did say eggs!!).........This is also quite normal aswell and does happen but next time try and count up to 3/4 weeks of her holding before removing her from the main tank.
The eggs you have now can still be hatched.....here is a link to give you an idea of what you could do
www.cichlid-forum.com/articles/tumbling_eggs.php

Sorry again

Ger

What do you call a three legged Donkey?

A Wonkey....duh ha :)

More
14 Jan 2013 23:05 #6 by Debrick (Ciaran barrett)
Hi Ger ,
Fair play thanks for all ur info , I'll def keep an eye on her for a few days , and next time I
will leave her in the main tank for at least 3 weeks
Thanks debrick

Time to create page: 0.041 seconds