Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Just Wondering???

More
24 Apr 2013 21:38 #1 by padraigr (Padraig Rooney)
Read on one of the cichlid pages on facebook about someone who gave cucumber to Malawis & they loved. Just wondering is there other vegetables that would be good for Malawis or should they get vegetables at all????

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2013 21:51 #2 by Debrick (Ciaran barrett)
Hey man.
I gave my cichlids cucumber and they wudnt go near it , but they went crazy for peas without the skin!!

More
24 Apr 2013 22:32 #3 by sheag35 (Seamus Gillespie)
cucumber, deshelled peas, courgette, blanched spinach, pond weed and lettuce all eaten by my mbuna when i kept them, best just to experiment a bit with foods till you find one they like

Fishkeeping the Only way to get wet and wild

currently 25 tanks, and breeding is the aim of everything i keep

More
24 Apr 2013 22:47 #4 by hammie (Neil Hammerton)
I give my plecos a regular (ish) lump of cucumber
Not sure if the chiclids eat t tho
Never really watched closely enough

More
24 Apr 2013 22:54 #5 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)

cucumber, deshelled peas, courgette, blanched spinach, pond weed and lettuce all eaten by my mbuna when i kept them, best just to experiment a bit with foods till you find one they like

mine love the peas how do u give them lettuce do u just brake it up into small pieces

Something fishie going on here

More
24 Apr 2013 23:43 - 24 Apr 2013 23:50 #6 by sheag35 (Seamus Gillespie)
just dip in in boiling water for a few seconds, then back into ice cold water - then i use a seaweed clip to hold it in the tank

Fishkeeping the Only way to get wet and wild

currently 25 tanks, and breeding is the aim of everything i keep
Last edit: 24 Apr 2013 23:50 by sheag35 (Seamus Gillespie).

More
25 Apr 2013 15:50 #7 by padraigr (Padraig Rooney)
Just wondering STILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would they eat carrots?? Not being funny but don't want to put something in innocently that could see them all go belly up!!

More
25 Apr 2013 17:21 #8 by LemonJelly (Johnny Cowley)
Carrots would be fine I think, esp if softened up a little. The worst that would happen is that they might ignore it if they didn't like it

"The only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of your life; your memories, your attachments. They burn them all away. But they're not punishing you.They're freeing your soul."

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds