Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Am i mad in the head or are we all mad in the head

More
09 Jan 2015 21:18 #1 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)
Just to add to my colloection i now have Red terrors cichlids male over 10 inch female on the way 6 inch
and two tilapia cichlids one 10 inch one 11 inch lol
has anyone else ever got fish on impuse buy just because they were nice looking.
then relise they are hand full to mind.
I have the tank just need to get it up and running.

Something fishie going on here

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2015 21:29 #2 by LemonJelly (Johnny Cowley)

Just to add to my colloection i now have Red terrors cichlids male over 10 inch female on the way 6 inch
has anyone else ever got fish on impuse buy just because they were nice looking.

nope. it's just you... :whistle: :whistle: :pinch:

"The only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of your life; your memories, your attachments. They burn them all away. But they're not punishing you.They're freeing your soul."

More
09 Jan 2015 21:51 #3 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)

Really :laugh: :laugh:
strange enough my other half says the same thing but i keep telling her its an investment

More
09 Jan 2015 21:55 #4 by LemonJelly (Johnny Cowley)

strange enough my other half says the same thing but i keep telling her its an investment

You do realise that for it to be an investment, you have to turn a profit at some point?! :lol:

"The only thing that burns in Hell is the part of you that won't let go of your life; your memories, your attachments. They burn them all away. But they're not punishing you.They're freeing your soul."

More
09 Jan 2015 22:15 #5 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)

You do realise that for it to be an investment, you have to turn a profit at some point?! :lol:

yes i am thinking years down the line when all my bits and pieces are worth lots of money i will sell everything and live off the profit

More
09 Jan 2015 23:12 #6 by cichlidheaven (graham wynne)
You havé got to put pic,s up once you havé thé set up right

More
09 Jan 2015 23:22 #7 by alan 64 (alan)
James were all a bit special in the head but I'd say ur xtra special ha

More
10 Jan 2015 08:01 #8 by Ski (Alan McGee)
Yep, I agree James, all a bit mad in the head. Love those fish though. My lastest is a Nile puffer!!! F sake

More
10 Jan 2015 11:32 #9 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)

Yep, I agree James, all a bit mad in the head. Love those fish though. My lastest is a Nile puffer!!! F sake

wtf. Lol i feel so much better now Lj had me thinking i was losing the plot there for minute lol i love something different

More
10 Jan 2015 11:34 #10 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)

James were all a bit special in the head but I'd say ur xtra special ha

lol thanks

More
10 Jan 2015 11:50 #11 by hammie (Neil Hammerton)
Careful trying to breed them buddy
If he is ready and she isnt, he wont hesitate to kill her! Seen it happen quite a few times

More
10 Jan 2015 13:46 #12 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)

Careful trying to breed them buddy
If he is ready and she isnt, he wont hesitate to kill her! Seen it happen quite a few times

they will be divided and i place rock near the divided that way if she spans and the flow of water behind him he should still be able to fertilized them

More
13 Jan 2015 16:16 #13 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)
Attachments:

More
13 Jan 2015 16:38 #14 by Eric (Eric Corcoran)
Love that 2nd picture

Eric

More
13 Jan 2015 16:39 #15 by Ski (Alan McGee)
Nice fish there James

More
13 Jan 2015 17:09 #16 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)
Thanks first two ( big Bad Barry ) male 10.5 inch fully grown from 15 to 18 inch the last two is my female 6 inch no name on her yet fully grown 13 to 14 inch :)

More
13 Jan 2015 18:53 #17 by Fishowner (Gavin fishowner)
stunners...they are well kept from the looks of it....nicely conditioned.
Gavin

More
14 Jan 2015 21:44 #18 by Jim (Jim Lawlor)
Gorgeous fish (but you are still mad in the head).

I have seen the dividers work before alright - but I'd say they're still a handful !

More
15 Jan 2015 01:50 #19 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)
The female is the problem she got out through the divider twice today to get at the male lucky enough they didn't fight tomorrow I will need to make a stronger divider to keep them apart for now. She must be in heat and looking for trouble lol.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds