Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Our NEW Documentary is On this Monday on RTE1

More
16 May 2013 10:45 #1 by seahorse (Kealan Doyle)
Hi Everyone. The New Documentary on Seahorses is on this Monday evening on RTE1 at 11:15pm. Yep it is late at night so set up your Sky boxes or UPC boxes to record so you don't miss it.

The award winning documentary “Save Our Seahorses” narrated by John Hurt follows Kealan Doyle also known as The Seahorse man as he takes a journey to discover the truth of what is really happening to the world’s population of seahorses.

Kealan travels from Ireland to Indonesia, China and discovers the startling truth; that seahorses will be extinct in 20 - 30 years. Join us on the road to discovery at 11:15pm on Monday.
We have a petition website which we ask everyone to join up and share via your social media network. www.saveourseahorses.org

Let us know what you think after you have watched the program.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
16 May 2013 11:29 - 16 May 2013 11:30 #2 by bmcg38 (Brian McGrath)
will try and watch no doubt , very interesting stuff ..

Isnt the original series being repeated on rte ? that was a very good show .. If i watch all of the episodes can i get a good old discount in the shop ?
Last edit: 16 May 2013 11:30 by bmcg38 (Brian McGrath).

More
16 May 2013 14:31 #3 by sheag35 (Seamus Gillespie)
will be watching it and Petition signed

Fishkeeping the Only way to get wet and wild

currently 25 tanks, and breeding is the aim of everything i keep

More
17 May 2013 19:10 #4 by JohnH (John)

Isnt the original series being repeated on rte ? that was a very good show .. If i watch all of the episodes can i get a good old discount in the shop ?

This isn't the original series but a completely new documentary - but episode three of the original series is on RTE tomorrow midday (not after midnight as I first suggested).

John

We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl - year after year.

ITFS member.

It's a long way to Tipperary.

More
17 May 2013 19:49 #5 by bmcg38 (Brian McGrath)

This isn't the original series but a completely new documentary - but episode three of the original series is on RTE tomorrow midday (not after midnight as I first suggested).

John

I know .. don't think I will get the discount though

More
17 May 2013 22:37 #6 by JohnH (John)
Yes - sorry, I should have said that I was confirming what you had posted.

Next time you go in there you can ask about the extra discount - and say it's for being a regular viewer :whistle: :evil:
John

ITFS member.

More
19 May 2013 00:21 #7 by JohnH (John)
Well, did anyone see this week's episode yesterday? - I obviously didn't as my TV doesn't receive RTE signals any more.

John

ITFS member.

More
20 May 2013 12:33 #8 by JohnH (John)
Asking favours time,

If anyone records this tonight and could run a copy of onto a disc for me I would quite happily pay for one (within reason, of course).

John

ITFS member.

More
20 May 2013 20:04 #9 by john gannon (John Gannon)
not going to be able to watch this tonight but have it set to record :laugh:
john if I can get it on to a disk for ye I will
john

IRISH TROPICAL FISH SOCIETY CLUB MEMBER

More
20 May 2013 20:10 #10 by Homer (Kevin)

not going to be able to watch this tonight but have it set to record :laugh:
john if I can get it on to a disk for ye I will
john

Hi John.

Would you mind explaining how you go about transferring it from a player/recorder to a disc? I am very aufait with matters IT etc but this bit eludes me.

H.

The Glass is always greener on the other side.

It's NOT "Chee lick", NOT "Chee Chee Licks"!!! Cichlids is pronounced as "Sick Lids"!!!!!

More
21 May 2013 14:26 #11 by JohnH (John)

Asking favours time,

If anyone records this tonight and could run a copy of onto a disc for me I would quite happily pay for one (within reason, of course).

John

I had forgotten the RTE player - it's here, now:

www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10150341/

John

ITFS member.

More
22 May 2013 01:37 #12 by irish-zx10r (James feenan)

Asking favours time,

John

I had forgotten the RTE player - it's here, now:

www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/10150341/

John

i was going to say u could come over to my place and mind the kids while u watched the program :woohoo:
great program i only got to watch it after work yesterday morning and enjoyed every minute of it.

Something fishie going on here

More
22 May 2013 07:21 #13 by Homer (Kevin)
I have to say, What a guy Kealan, great stuff.

H.

The Glass is always greener on the other side.

It's NOT "Chee lick", NOT "Chee Chee Licks"!!! Cichlids is pronounced as "Sick Lids"!!!!!

More
22 May 2013 12:16 #14 by Q_Comets (Declan Chambers)

I have to say, What a guy Kealan, great stuff.

H.

+1

Great all around thinking supply demand rather than suppressing it, clever stuff. Not to mention the breeding success

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds