Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Fire Extinguisher refill?

More
25 Feb 2012 14:40 #1 by curefan (Dave Massey)
Hi all,
Can anybody recommend where to get a 5KG extinguisher refilled with co2, in the South Dub/Kildare area?
How much would we be talking?

Cheers, dave.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
25 Feb 2012 14:59 #2 by pmarks78 (paul)
Ye there a place In cookstown ind just off the belgard road that do it .

More
25 Feb 2012 16:06 #3 by JSleator (Jason Sleator)
Been there, couple of years ago, think he charged me 25 yoyo

More
25 Feb 2012 16:20 #4 by SpiderMonkey (Mark O'Neill)
I think Aquaworld are doing it now give them a bell there in the sponsors

Mark

More
28 Feb 2012 19:29 #5 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)
the place in cookstown is called

Doyle and Doyle Wholesalers, unit 78A, Cookstown industrial estate, Tallaght. Tel 01 4131336.

got mine refilled about a week ago 25 euro and i think it is the same price for a 5kg

Sean

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

Always Remember Surviving Is Not Thriving

More
28 Feb 2012 19:31 #6 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

More
28 Feb 2012 20:37 #7 by Rolly (Ruaidri Hegarty)
Yeah, Doyle and Doyle are 25 quid a refill, no matter what size, 2 or 5kg. They do it on the spot too. They will also sell ya an extinguisher if your looking. Grand lads to deal with, I had a problem with a leak and they replaced the cylinder without a bother, done the refill for free too. Seahorse Aquarium also do refills, its a drop in service as its not done on site. Not totally sure but i think its 20 quid a refill.

More
28 Feb 2012 21:37 #8 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)
kev is sellin them get on to him save ya refillin plus u get a brand new bottle very good prices to

sean

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

More
29 Feb 2012 23:30 #9 by curefan (Dave Massey)
Cheers Sean for the info!

More
01 Mar 2012 10:24 #10 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)
no worries mate

Sean

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

More
17 Apr 2012 16:51 #11 by curefan (Dave Massey)

Doyle and Doyle Wholesalers, unit 78A, Cookstown industrial estate, Tallaght. Tel 01 4131336.

got mine refilled about a week ago 25 euro and i think it is the same price for a 5kg

Sean

Great recommendation....Went down to these lads today and refilled my 5kg in about 2 mins (25 Euro). Was thinking of getting a spare to have on standby (but my origional cost about 80 Euro!!!) so asked them how much a 5kg costs......25 Euro, same as a refill :)

Cheers!

More
17 Apr 2012 19:57 #12 by BlueRam (Sean Crowe)

Sean

Great recommendation....Went down to these lads today and refilled my 5kg in about 2 mins (25 Euro). Was thinking of getting a spare to have on standby (but my origional cost about 80 Euro!!!) so asked them how much a 5kg costs......25 Euro, same as a refill :)

Cheers!

yeah great to deal with that was a great price for a brawn new 5kg full fair play

Sean

Sean Crowe

ITFS Member

More
17 Apr 2012 21:53 #13 by m4r10 (m4r10)
I had my FE refilled by the same crowd and asked about buying one, they said to me €30! Looks like either the price is going down or they just make up prices on the spot.

More
19 May 2012 11:54 #14 by CrustyCrab (Peter Biddulph)
Does anyone of a place in Galway that will do refills?
I know Dan in AquaticGardenShop in Ennis does them

More
19 May 2012 19:57 #15 by Katherine (Katarzyna Glebocka)

Does anyone of a place in Galway that will do refills?
I know Dan in AquaticGardenShop in Ennis does them

If you find any place in Galway, could you be so kind as to post it in here www.irishfishkeepers.com/index.php/fforu...it?limit=30&start=30 As you see I started such topic more than a year ago because I thought it could be useful to have all these places in one list for those looking for such information.

Let's update this list to help others. If anybody knows any other place in Ireland, please post it.

What kind of bottles does Dan refill?

More
19 May 2012 20:37 #16 by AquaticGardenDan (Daniel Madziag)
I'm refiling most of the CO2 cylinders, and CO2 FE.

If any one come to me with AquaticGardenShop Cylinder I will just swap it for new full and pressure tested unit(2kg only for swap),
call me before to make sure that I have full one :)

2kg is 8-10 euro,
5kg is 15-18,

depends on witch supplier is available at the time. It usually takes 2-3 days,

If any one call me earlier on and tell me what size of cylinder have 2kg, 3,2kg or 5kg I can try to organize same full one for swap. That option is for people who don't care what cylinder that have as long it's pressure tested, same size and will work safely (Your cylinder has to be in good condition :evil: ) :):)

Dan.

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds