Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

latex rubber bands

More
24 Jan 2013 18:56 #1 by anglecichlid (ciaran hogan)
Is it ok or has any one used these to tie down plants to wood and rocks?

Anyone with a aquarium can keep fish,
But it takes real skill to be a fish keeper,

And it's spongeBob,
SpongeBob lives in a pineapple under the sea
BLANCHARDSTOWN

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2013 19:10 #2 by ger310 (Ger .)
Replied by ger310 (Ger .) on topic latex rubber bands
Jaysus if you only said,i have a load of driftwood string here you could of had (and yeh still can if yeh want).....i have used rubber bands in the past and over time they just fell apart in the tank and by then the plant would of took hold to the wood but are they safe?? well i can't pin any death down to them but i still wouldn't like to say yes or no!! Is the wood already soaked,like have yeh tried drilling holes in the wood then putting the plant root through?

Ger

What do you call a three legged Donkey?

A Wonkey....duh ha :)

More
24 Jan 2013 21:54 #3 by anglecichlid (ciaran hogan)
Never thought of that!
Might get some off you the next time,
Thoses angels a settled in nicely,I'm nearly sure there at it already!
When was the last time they spawned for you?

And it's spongeBob,
BLANCHARDSTOWN

More
24 Jan 2013 23:11 #4 by ger310 (Ger .)
Replied by ger310 (Ger .) on topic latex rubber bands
Glad there settling in dude,had them a good while so when i opened the shed earlier and they weren't there i missed them....Now that's a definite first for me to miss fish!!
Anyway i'd say they are not far off spawning,when she has left him looking like a car crash and half dead your only a day or so away......Don't worry though,they are as tough as old boots.
Keep me up to speed man thanks

Ger

What do you call a three legged Donkey?

A Wonkey....duh ha :)

More
24 Jan 2013 23:25 #5 by anglecichlid (ciaran hogan)
Will do pal,
They'll be well looked after!
Have a couple of amazon swords in with them and some slate
He seems to like it!
She's not to sure.
Gave them a good feed of bloodworms this evening and there eating well
Tried some flake last night and they turned there noses up at it!
Probably stressed from the move or its being in blanch:-)
One or the other

And it's spongeBob,
BLANCHARDSTOWN

Time to create page: 0.037 seconds