Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Nano floating plants

More
01 Mar 2013 22:37 #1 by JSleator (Jason Sleator)
Planning 2 nano tanks in my head at the moment, both to be 60L, no Co2

In one concept I am anticipating using a small floating plant, limnobium laevigatum (amazon frogbit)seems to be the obvious choice. Just want to know if anyone else has experience of this plant, or is using it or alternative in a nano setup? Salvinia natans and Azolla caroliniana are 2 others i have come across.

Also wondering if there are other plants as well that are not intended for floating but work well, i heard HC cuba floats well....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
02 Mar 2013 23:01 #2 by anthonyd (Anthony Debesne)
I have been looking for the salvinia natans for the last month IN Ireland without any success, it looks like the perfect size for the nano as the roots and the leaves are smaller than the frogbit. I m waiting for the weather to warm up to order it from the uk.
here is a link for the floating plants review

More
02 Mar 2013 23:08 #3 by joey (joe watson)
limnobium is very easy to take care of and looks well. it also propagates quite fast. unfortunately my fish took a fancy to it after a while...

salvinia, if its the one i'm thinking of, is small and hard to get rid of once it starts propagating. unless you have fish that like that too :angry:

Time to create page: 0.036 seconds