Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Overgrown Trigon

More
25 Jan 2015 15:24 - 27 Jan 2015 20:27 #1 by JustinK (Justin Kelly)
I let my Triton 190 just grow and fill out for the past while, a few months to a year possibly.
I was hoping to get better growth in the forefront, but what has happened is the Anubias have been taking over.
The Amazon sword was split and now both plants are up through the surface.
Two Anubias on the left broke free and blocked out another Amazon type which then disappeared.
I'm hoping to clean it up abit today, but don't have room for spare unless I put them in with the Royal plec in the plant free 400 litre.
Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Jan 2015 20:27 by JustinK (Justin Kelly). Reason: spelling

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
25 Jan 2015 16:16 #2 by paulcavan (Paul Gileoold)
Any trimmings going a spare

More
27 Jan 2015 20:32 #3 by JustinK (Justin Kelly)
There's a 2 foot Anubia that can be separated if you want some ?
I should have a young Amazon sword growing out in my Cory tank too ? I think they're Bleheri, they were a lot shorter until they regrew.

More
27 Jan 2015 21:06 #4 by Stem12 (Stephen M)
Replied by Stem12 (Stephen M) on topic Overgrown Trigon
Hey Justin,
If Paul doesn't want that 2 foot plant ill take it, i have a plan to revamp my tank soon, Only if Paul doesn't want it,

S.

Juwel Vision 260-
20ltr-Fluval Spec-
19ltr-Fluval Chi-

Keep The Water Fresh-

More
30 Jan 2015 22:08 #5 by JustinK (Justin Kelly)
I was going to split it into shorter bits as the rhizome has a few twists along it.
There's a small leaved Anubia too that I often find a detached piece floating away to find a new place to anchor.
I'm looking for some Java fern with a decent rhizome.
I used to have it in abundance but I let it go when it filled the 60L. I only have a few tiny pieces left that I'm growing on.

More
29 Oct 2015 21:05 #6 by jondun101 (jondun101)
I kinda like the overgrown look. Looks more wild. If post my own before and after but the files are too big. Try this link.

www.dropbox.com/sc/zif86r8nnqbnczq/AACYTSoojTySsVo2FmE5BJmMa

More
05 Nov 2015 10:43 #7 by JustinK (Justin Kelly)
That plant really took over in your tank.
I think I cut back too much, my tank is looking a bit bare now.

Time to create page: 0.043 seconds