Retirement and forum shutdown (17 Jan 2022)

Hi,

John Howell who has managed the forum for years is getting on and wishes to retire from the role of managing it.
Over the years, he has managed the forum through good days and bad days and he has always been fair.
He has managed to bring his passion for fish keeping to the forum and keep it going for so long.

I wish to thank John for his hard work in keeping the forum going.

With John wishing to "retire" from the role of managing the forum and the forum receiving very little traffic, I think we must agree that forum has come to a natural conclusion and it's time to put it to rest.

I am proposing that the forum be made read-only from March 2022 onwards and that no new users or content be created. The website is still registered for several more years, so the content will still be accessible but no new topics or replies will be allowed.

If there is interest from the ITFS or other fish keeping clubs, we may redirect traffic to them or to a Facebook group but will not actively manage it.

I'd like to thank everyone over the years who helped with forum, posted a reply, started a new topic, ask a question and helped a newbie in fish keeping. And thank you to the sponsors who helped us along the away. Hopefully it made the hobby stronger.

I'd especially like to thank John Howell and Valerie Rousseau for all of their contributions, without them the forum would have never been has successful.

Thank you
Darragh Sherwin

Anyone got some spare cuttings?

More
13 Dec 2015 19:38 #1 by Gonefishy (Brian oneill)
Hi All,
Left my tank go a bit and looking to replant some of it..,my CO2 broke down and amazing how my plants went south. Anyway, would greatly appreciate it if anyone had some spare cuttings? I'm looking for Hygrophila Corymbosa Stricta and any plant that can tolerate 27-28c....
Much appreciated!
Thanks
Brian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
17 Dec 2015 12:16 #2 by alan 64 (alan)
I think thats maybee whats in my thank mate and it grows very fast even without c02 so i should have some cuttings soon enough

More
17 Dec 2015 19:39 #3 by Gonefishy (Brian oneill)
I would much appreciate it Alan...let me know whenever you do. Thanks. Brian

More
17 Dec 2015 21:11 #4 by alan 64 (alan)
Sound il take a pic when i get a chance to make sure its what ur looking for

More
17 Dec 2015 23:55 #5 by DiscoStu (Marie Curie)
I have a nice tall wavey green plant, no idea what it's called :crazy:
It just seems to keep on growing @ 27 degrees & liquid CO2. I have to keep trimming it. More than welcome to cuttings if it suits you.
Attachments:

More
18 Dec 2015 22:12 #6 by helix8008 (Tomas Novak)
Have some reineckii and ammania bonsai if you want.

Tom

More
20 Dec 2015 10:39 #7 by Gonefishy (Brian oneill)
Yes please Tom! Much appreciated. Can I send you my home address - would you post them to me? When my tank was flourishing I sent clippings to loads of people and never had an issue with it...
Thanks! Brian

More
22 Dec 2015 08:03 - 22 Dec 2015 08:04 #8 by helix8008 (Tomas Novak)
Sure, PM me your address. I think it will be better to send them after Christmas so they wont be stuck in post?

Tom
Last edit: 22 Dec 2015 08:04 by helix8008 (Tomas Novak).

More
24 Dec 2015 19:41 #9 by Gonefishy (Brian oneill)
Thanks so much Tom! Much appreciated. After Xmas is perfect! Happy Christmas...Brian

Time to create page: 0.046 seconds